How about concert photos?

I appreciate MA started as DJ’s in the late 1980s !!

Wow…OK. Never mind. 'Nuff said.

Frankly don’t care about Octave server. As you have so enthusiastically pursued, PS has a Long Row to Hoe in that regard. I’ve told Paul as much over the past year or two. I just hooked up my nearly 20-year-old Squeezebox Ecosystem to the 2nd system downstairs with a Transporter, which you will be elated to hear features Harby P3’s.

Why I would care how many pairs of Covent Garden Tix it would equal, I have no idea.(feel free to substitute tickets to any US venue).

Reminds me of “Fights” for the Top Spot on the Music Charts over our entire lifetimes. Why would I care who sold more or less records (streams/downloads) in any given week than bands I actually listen to?

@StevenSegal-Kahil El’Zabar & The New Heritage Ensemble should be a great time. Seen him many times in Chicago and Madison. Last time I heard Kahil play he was with David Murray, that was special.

The line up with KEZ is Corey Wilkes on trumpet, Kurt Elling and Alex Harding on baritone sax. Maybe others, who knows.

Kurt Elling the vocalist? Strikes me as an odd combination as their styles are remarkably different. Kurt is great vocalese and can really bend a note. Tends more to a New York Uptown hip sound, reminiscent of mose Allison. Alex Harding is out of the Detroit/Chicago school with some AACM experience. Corey is Chicago School, AACM, can Funk it up a bit with a nod to Lester Bowie.

Deleted

That’s what’s advertised, but may change or expand. It’s a non-profit Facebook thing, they’ve been going 3 years and done some great gigs. Was listening to George Benson/Body Talk this evening, featuring Jack DeJohnette, think he was with AACM.

Enjoy it!

Wow - yeah - get that you feel we should all, on an audio gear site, go to shows rather than buy gear, but…you Done Did It Again.

Covent Garden/dress rehearsal/Limited acess to Funds/ballet/Theater.

Cheers, mate.

Deleted

Your wife has an amazing background. I would adore having someone that versed in dance to tutor me what to look for in dance. I am certain I would enjoy dance more with greater understanding.

I, too, prefer live concerts over listening at home. Any sound system, no matter how good, is a pale substitute.

I average a concert a week, plus dance and theater. And going to art museums.

There is too much art out there to sit around at home.

Deleted

An incredible background.

I distinguish modern from contemporary. Modern is mid-20th century, plus or minus (no hard line). Contemporary is what is happening now, perhaps within the last 20 - 30 years. Again, no clear timeline. This is true in music as well.

I think we all forget how much art changed in the 20th century. The Rite of Spring premiered in 1913, over a hundred years ago! Yet many contemporary ears still find the music and dance challenging.

Deleted

Giselle was my first ballet. I have many warm feelings when seeing it again.

I have not seen Viktor, I am only aware of it and it is fascinating. Again, I am jealous.

Deleted

1 Like

Deleted

Very Cool!

Little Feat
50th Anniversary Tour
Flynn Center for the Performing Arts
Burlington, Vermont
October 20, 2019

Larry Campbell and Teresa Williams opened. Larry and Teresa are fourth and fifth from the left, below. In addition to playing an opening set, they performed with Little Feat in place of Paul Barrere, who is missing the 50th Anniversary Tour due to illness.

7 Likes