How about concert photos?

Buddy Guy a couple of nights ago. Charlie Musselwhite opened, followed by Jimmie Vaughn and Buddy at 83 absolutely still killing it

7 Likes

Kamasi Washington just now, opening for Herbie Hancock. The new venue, the Mission Ballroom in Denver.

4 Likes

You lucky guy!! I still have to see/hear Hancock…

1 Like

Ohhhh Myyyyyy Sweeet (insert favorite Deity here). :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

L to R (below): Herbie Hancock, Lionel Loueke, James Genus, Terrace Martin, Vinnie Colaiuta.

Herbie…80 years Young. I may have to take up Buddhism and go Vegan, if that’s why he is still so vital. He admits to being inspired by the band, and I can see why.

Loueke worked the guitar like Herbie does the keys - often you would think one was soloing and it was the other (keys making guitar sounds and vice versa) Genus’ day job is playing bass on SNL. Martin played keys and alto with authority and taste (and oh, BTW, he produced Kendrick Lamar’s “To Pimp A Butterfly”. And Vinnie…A Monster. I am so glad I got to see him. Up there with Jack DeJohnette for me, though very different stylistically. But from his opening lines, it was, “Ohhh Yeah…”.

Herbie did a really beautiful thing - stopped for 5-10 minutes to walk around, introduce and praise each member at length.

Only other time I’ve seen Herbie live was the Headhunters tour. Their interpretations of some of those tunes were ecstatic. Actually the whole set just bouyed me on waves of amazingness. If you are still interested in adventurous jazz - do not miss this tour.

6 Likes

aaarrrghhh…hope they travel to Europe!

Totally forgot to post this. Saw I’m With Her at the Minnesota Zoo back in July. Great music, great people, great everything.

2 Likes

Just saw Robert Cray and his magnificent band last night at our favorite small venue in Rocky Mount VA called The Harvester. I had no idea how talented these guys are… Super tight and sound was one of the best we’ve heard live.

And here’s a nice pic from a friend who joined us at the show. Love the artsy B&W image.

And one more of the drunken fools attending…

We really enjoyed this show and stayed the night locally so no worries about idiots on the roads.

3 Likes

Hearts and Minds with Jason Stein at The Winnebago - Madison, Wisconsin

2 Likes

Broken Shadows at The Winnebago - Madison, Wisconsin.
Featuring Tim Berne, Chris Speed, Reid Anderson, and Dave King.
Tight band, highlight for me was their rendition of Julius Hemphill’s Dogon A.D. from his Human Arts Ensemble days in the early '70’s.

!

IMG_4085|666x500

2 Likes

Belizbeha, Higher Ground Ballroom, South Burlington, Vermont, Oct. 5, 2019.

20191005_225526

20191005_215921

2 Likes

Nice pics Boot. Are you near Burlington? Have a nephew in that neck of the woods and used to support some semiconductor equipment at IBM. Fond memories of that area.

1 Like

Thanks, @kcleveland123, and yes, I am in the Burlington area.

Deleted

2 Likes

Melvin Seals & JGB
The Double E: T Rex Theater
Essex Junction, Vermont
October 14, 2019

That’s guitarist extraordinaire John Kadlecik on the right.

3 Likes

Deleted

Deleted

Cool pics. Not sure why you say MC-MA as if that is surprising. It was a While Ago now, their Heyday… ; )

Happens to us all eventually.

Deleted

Steve-o, get a boot out of how you duck and weave like our Commander in Chief. Non-responsive response, having nothing to do with what was said, then immediately on to other unrelated elitist topics. Others have pointed this out to me - was not my idea originally. But this is a prime example.

Still - appreciate your Harbys and photos and so on​:+1:t2::cowboy_hat_face:

Do not get the anti-Paul Jihad daily on the Posts. But’cha know, I’m the Apologist-in-Chief✊🏻