How do I embed a YouTube video in a post?

I tried the instructions in Paul’s May 2014 post (copy and paste the URL and substitute a “v” for the “s” in “https”) and it didn’t work. I assume the forum software has maybe changed since then.

So what simple process am I overlooking?

Have you tried more than one YouTube video and it never works? I find that sometimes it simply does not display for some reason.

It may be some YouTube videos are coded not to be shared or something similar is going on.

I Just copy and paste the URL address.

1 Like

Unless I’ve misunderstood, that makes no sense - leave the URL completely alone.
I copy the URL from YouTube, and paste into a post, and it just works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, do not modify the URL.

I expect you can typically delete the “s” in “https” and it will work, but there is no reason to do so.

An idea: Instead of highlighting the URL at the top of your browser and copying it, try right clicking on the video and choosing “copy video URL.” This copies a direct, simpler URL to paste into your post. Perhaps this will work better for you.

By the way, feel free to use this thread to practice/experiment.

2 Likes

It has. That was long ago and at least one version of forum software ago. Elk’s correct. Just copy and paste the URL and it mostly works.

3 Likes

Tell me again, this Muppets performance is metaphor for what?

2 Likes

The Muppets need no excuse, they are my go to YouTube example video, this one in particular.

I know a lot of folks use “muppet” as a derogatory term (usually referring to politicians), but in my experience, overall the Muppets are wise, caring, kind, and happy to repeatedly explain things, and that makes them a model for us all in my book :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh I wasn’t dishing the Muppets! My comment was an obtuse reference to my inability to understand some concepts.

1 Like

Kermit is an audiophile

2 Likes

OK, I’ll copy the URL and paste it here, and we’ll see what happens.

Well I’ll be damned. I did exactly the same thing in the “what are you watching on YouTube” thread on Opening Day, and all it did was provide a link.

1 Like

Just like magic. :smile:

1 Like