How many sets of speakers do you have?

I’m asking this question out of curiosity and I now have 2 sets since the klipsch cornwall IV’s were delivered. My other pair are a set of emerald physics kcii pro’s. I’m keeping them because there is no pressure to get rid of them. I plan to do an a/b comparison with both sets to see the difference. Also could switch back and forth for change of sound. If you have other sets why do you keep them?

Multiple pairs; a pair for each system.

2 Likes

4 pairs. Two pairs of Decware HR-1 in use. One pair of Decware ERR in reserve. A pair of Peachtree Audio bookshelf under the bed gathering dust that I used to use in a bedroom system (sound nice actually with a lot of power).

2 Likes

Multiple pairs, one for each system, plus several pairs in waiting so to speak. They need to go up for sale. In use:
Original Genesis V with sub woofer amplifier
Aerial 5T
Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic.
Sony NA2ES
In waiting, and should actually sell them:
Kef 101 Reference, as new
Gradient Revolution, rebuilt.

2 Likes

Five pairs (excluding subwoofers) and three systems. I keep them because I bought them. If I were to get rid of a pair, I would pass them along to one of my children or grandkids. I’m very much interested in the upcoming FR-30 and two other candidates. I also have a few others that I’m modifying the XOs for a desktop setup.

1 Like

Hah, that was my plan as well. They ended up selecting their own. While in college they had analog systems centered on KEF 102 Reference speakers for their portability and sound.

1 Like

Do you have multiple „main“ setups for various purposes (vs. one main setup and various considerably small ones for small rooms)?

If yes, for which different purposes if I may ask?

1 Like

A main listening system, a system for editing/mixing/mastering, an upstairs main system. No video/theater.

2 Likes

Three sets, plus miscellaneous individual ones:

1 pair Magnepan .7s plus a Hsu sub in the main system.
1 pair Meadowlark Audio Kestrel 2s that used to be in the main system.
3.1 Cambridge Audio “sub”/satellites for the living room TV, plus a couple of nameless ceiling units for surround.
Miscellaneous Cambridge Soundworks speakers, plus some JBL and Oontz bluetooths. (blueteeth?)

1 Like

I’m on my first proper system, so have one pair of bookshelves currently.

When I move to a larger space in a couple of years I intend to get some floorstanders.

I have a nice Naim Muso digital speaker which my current bookshelves replaced, that will be the kitchen unit.

1 Like

Original Genesis V with sub woofer amplifier, main analog tube system
Aerial 5T, den system, digital and streaming.
Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, SET tube based summer home analog, digital and streaming. Summer home
Sony NA2ES, wife’s condo/office, analog, digital
In waiting, and should actually sell them:
Kef 101 Reference, as new was in office system
Gradient Revolution, rebuilt. summer home.

2 Likes

Multiple pairs though out the house.
Main system, Watkins WE-1s one of 233 made.
Bed Room, Watkins Generation 4s
Den, Audio Nirvana 15" single full range cone (in my den tube amp system)
Klipsch Forte IIs with a center Klipsch Academy
Zu Audio Omen Defs and Paradigm 11se MKII in storage.

Between my stereo systems and my PC setup.

1 pair Legacy Audio Focus SE
1 pair Legacy Classic
1 pair B&W DM2000
1 pair Ascend Sierra 2EX
(3) Focal Alpha 50 studio monitors
1 pair Audioengine A5+

1 Like

As a photographer when I’m asked how many bags I have, my answer will be either, “one less than I need,” or “not enough”. Seems like the same is true for speakers!

Me? Just a single pair of Maggie LRs’s.

1 Like

That’s enough for a good many people, especially with regard to quality.

1 Like

Nice!

I also have 4 passive subwoofers spread throughout the room.

Crazy folks here…but I’m just differently crazy…have 2 times the same main speaker, makes 700 lb altogether. But I only run one, the other is for bad times :wink:

Three pairs: ADS Braun L810
ADS L810
Polk R10

1 Like

Two pairs… A pair of Acoustat Spectra 33’s and a pair of Spectra 22’s. Also have a pair of REL S/5 SHO subs.