How to verify firmware version on P5

I can’t seem to find the firmware version in the setup screens. I was on an older version, tried to update and it didn’t seem to go through an update process. Formatted 2GB SD card (FAT32), copied latest firmware, powered off unit, installed card, powered on and it booted normally (did not appear to load anything)

Thank you

With respect to loading firmware make sure the files are unzipped and in the root directory, not in a file folder. For finding firmware I looked at the manual on line and it says

"To enter the SYSTEM SETUP SCREEN one must first power down the PerfectWave P5 using the back-panel power switch. One must then reapply AC power to the PerfectWave P5 by flipping the back-panel power switch to the “On” position. The unit will initialize for 15 to 20 seconds. After 5 seconds of initialization (see picture), the P5’s touch-screen will activate. After its activation, but before the P5 fully initializes and enters the HOME SCREEN, the unit’s front-panel touch-screen can be touched anywhere on its face. This will bring the user to the SYSTEM SETUP SCREEN where the following parameters are displayed:

1. UnitID

2. Bootloader

3. Firmware

4. PowerMeter

5. Oscillator

6. Web

7. Dimmer

Thanks @pmotz

I have followed that procedure. However after a normal initializing it goes to the normal screen with the outlets. I doubt it has updated and still no way to verify the FW versions from what I can see

pmotz said

With respect to loading firmware make sure the files are unzipped and in the root directory, not in a file folder. For finding firmware I looked at the manual on line and it says

"To enter the SYSTEM SETUP SCREEN one must first power down the PerfectWave P5 using the back-panel power switch. One must then reapply AC power to the PerfectWave P5 by flipping the back-panel power switch to the “On” position. The unit will initialize for 15 to 20 seconds. After 5 seconds of initialization (see picture), the P5’s touch-screen will activate. After its activation, but before the P5 fully initializes and enters the HOME SCREEN, the unit’s front-panel touch-screen can be touched anywhere on its face. This will bring the user to the SYSTEM SETUP SCREEN where the following parameters are displayed:

1. UnitID

2. Bootloader

3. Firmware

4. PowerMeter

5. Oscillator

6. Web

7. Dimmer

Hi there,

I am a new P5 owner (in Germany) and wanted to find out the firmware level on my P5 as well. I followed these steps, got the initialization screen, but nothing happens on my unit when I touch the screen. The initialization screen is on for about 15 seconds then goes “dark”. I tried several times without success.

Anything I do wrong?

And just as a side note, it would be good it this could be integrated into the browser based setup with a future upgrade.

Regards

Gerd

Sorry, I can’t help with that, but maybe someone from PS Audio will respond.

gerdgoebel said

Hi there,

I am a new P5 owner (in Germany) and wanted to find out the firmware level on my P5 as well. I followed these steps, got the initialization screen, but nothing happens on my unit when I touch the screen. The initialization screen is on for about 15 seconds then goes “dark”. I tried several times without success.

Anything I do wrong?

And just as a side note, it would be good it this could be integrated into the browser based setup with a future upgrade.

Regards

Gerd

Hello Gerdgoebel,

Once the firmware is installed there should be a brief initialization period. After this you may need to press the Blue Logo button to take the unit out of standby.

If you continue to have trouble you can reach out to us at service@psaudio.com

Thanks,

• Jeremy

Thanks for your suggestion.

It finally worked, I had to press the logo several times before I got the menu with the firmware. I am on version .39 but found version .41 to be available.

I also found some comments to wait before updating to .41. Can anybody comment if the update is save to do

Thanks

Gerd