Humor

Not actually humor as it is real and decidedly not funny when one is handed this part, the worst engraving I have ever seen. The trumpet 1 part of Grieg’s Piano Concerto:

4 Likes

for all that is holy… I read music and I can barely make out what is going on here!

No kidding. And i was expected to play it.

2 Likes

At least you didn’t have to transpose it “on the fly.”

That’s nuts. How can you even make out the last two lines?

Classical trumpet players are accustomed to transposing from all sorts of keys. Most parts are for C trumpet. This part in Bb is a bit of an outlier. (Originally the first movement is for C trumpets, second movement tacet, A trumpets for the third movement.)

1 Like

Knock, Knock
Who’s there?
Philip Glass

Knock, Knock
Who’s there?
Philip Glass

Knock, Knock
Who’s there?
Philip Glass

Knock, Knock
Who’s there?
Philip Glass

7 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

There was a terrible, terrible accident at the shop.
Poor Ralph was horribly injured. Ralph’s penis was cut clean off.
Luckily, Emergency Medical Services are right next door and they retrieved Ralph’s penis and put it on ice.
The company were most sympathetic and they immediately promised Ralph and his lovely wife an extra $9,000. for pain and suffering above his excellent medical insurance.
At the hospital, the doctor stopped the bleeding and told Ralph he’d have to stay in hospital for a few days and not to worry; they have the technology now to reattach Ralph’s favorite toy.
Only problem was that because of the surgery, he’d lose considerable length, but again, not to worry.
They have a new technique that can add inches. at a cost of $1,000. per inch; discuss it with your wife and let me know in the morning how much of that $9,000. you want to spend.
In the morning the doctor came in and asked Ralph if he discussed it with his wife.
Ralph replied, “Yes. We’re getting granite countertops”.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Their is ao many hidden messages . But the racquet sports I will surely avoid in retirement there are many other ways to score with a great stroke in tennis.

“The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.”

Marcus Aurelius (foretelling the Internet)

4 Likes

…how many forum members are there? :innocent:

4 Likes

1 Like

Almost 21,000 registered users.

2 Likes

Apropriate that this is in the Humor category.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Really knowing the subject? Don’t count me in, please. But I like it.

1 Like

Enthusiasm is really what matters.

2 Likes