I changed Amps to a Krell

I changed amps today to a krell . As anticipated the speakers are deeper inspind now and a more cpntrolled bass . For anyone who thinks all amps sound the same hell no.

Ill post more later

Which Krell Al?

I Love Me some Krell SoundFB_IMG_1438665422549-1.jpg

Floor reinforced?

I find that photo a bit scary, actually. Remember, the Krell built a machine that destroyed their civilization.

I am sensing I will need to consult the canons of the Wookieepedia to appreciate this reference.

Forbidden Planet is the movie reference. The Krell were a super race that did themselves in by releasing Monsters from the Id that destroyed them all. Great 50’s movie starring Walter Pigeon and Leslie Nielsen with a wonderful Theramin based soundtrack.

And it is where Krell (the company) got its name. So not really off topic. “Monsters from the Id” indeed.

That’s really where the name comes from? That’s delightful! Thanks, guys, this is a hoot.

That’s the story I’ve heard many times and suspect it is true. I think it’s meant to imply “limitless power”. The movie is quite amusing and worth watching some time unless you hate the genre (the robot in the movie also became a prototype for many future movie/TV robots).

Yes, it is true. Many years ago at one of the Stereophile shows I asked Dan D about it.

It was (and is) a great movie BTW. Still holds up.

pmotz said Forbidden Planet is the movie reference. The Krell were a super race that did themselves in by releasing Monsters from the Id that destroyed them all. Great 50's movie starring Walter Pigeon and Leslie Nielsen with a wonderful Theramin based soundtrack.
Uhh, and how could you possibly forget Anne Francis?

PS: Oh, and from the Theramin Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin

A theremin was not used for the soundtrack of Forbidden Planet, for which Louis and Bebe Barron built disposable oscillator circuits and a ring modulator to create the electronic tonalities used in the film.[39][40]

Streets Still Works said
Uhh, and how could you possibly forget Anne Francis?
A theremin was not used for the soundtrack of Forbidden Planet, for which Louis and Bebe Barron built disposable oscillator circuits and a ring modulator to create the electronic tonalities used in the film.[39][40]
Oh, I DIDN'T forget Anne Francis, just trying to keep the (ahem) focus properly placed. As for the Theramin, you learn something new every day!