I don’t know what I would do without you all right now

Prayers for healing and peace for you. God can work miracles!

2 Likes

Each and every one here is with you mate. Beside you. And praying that you are going to go through this then enjoy further decades of good (and good soundin’) music with us!

Man, best of luck to you! Keep up the good spirits and FIGHT THIS disease with all you got! Don’t let it defeat you.

About other sites, to stay positive, do NOT read ANY news sites, social media, or news media TV. It’s ALL NEGATIVE! I’d disconnect and enjoy life, music, good food, wine (if you can/allowed) and the rest work on fighting the disease.

I was once in a remote area in Australia for 2 months, no connection but basic phone calls, I had NO IDEA what happened in Middle East, Politics, no email, no social media, etc… never ever been happier, more relaxed, more free, fresh in my thoughts, and when I got back, everything was still there! Did NOT need any of that info for those two months!

Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

With all due respect and the fact that I only know you through your wise posts here in the PS Audio Forums. Fxck Cancer ! I’ve lost a few close and not so close friends to this Disease.

Like everyone else here, hoping you get better and Damn The Odds !

Joe

1 Like

Much love, positive thoughts, and most of all peace your way.

I wish you the best too! Never underestimate the power of prayer! It can and does go a long way. Hope and pray that things go well with you.

2 Likes

I’m sure I still am affected by PTSD from mine. It scared me to my core. My deepest sadness was that I would, according to most (except one) doctors’ estimates, leave my 14 year old son fatherless.
He’s 36 now.
And here I am; he said tearily…
It scared me to my core, if I’m honest…

7 Likes

I’ve been struggling for over a decade with a medical issue that no one has been able to diagnose. Had to stop working 2.5 years ago and then spent a 1.5 years in bed - I had to crawl to the bathroom. Couldn’t even stand up to pee - had to kneel in front of the bathtub. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say this but I thought of suicide daily. I eventually figured out my problems are caused by neck issues and came up with a physical therapy regimen. I’m now up and about most of the time and can leave the house for 5-10 minutes on short rides to the store. The point I’m trying to make is: NEVER EVER give up. No matter what. No matter how dire things may seem. One day at a time. Feel free to message me any time if you need to vent or whatever.

8 Likes

You are so brave facing this all. All the best, keep up the good fight.

1 Like

A little beat up but still look like a bad ass airman!! Prayers from a brother airman.

1 Like

Hang in there. Are thoughts are with you. You’re family.

1 Like

I only have a Sprout for now so, second cousins I guess. Lol.

1 Like

Nope, you’re in the family with all the good, bad and ugly :wink:

3 Likes

It’s funny that Sprout…my boy has a setup of his own with a Debut Carbon through a fairly basic generic phono stage attached to an old Sharp 1-Bit system and a pair of ELAC B6s. I put the Sprout in it when I first got it and he was like “thanks but no thanks, dad”.

Now he’s moved the turntable upstairs to take advantage of the Sprout. And most of his listening is to quieter stuff like Simon & Garfunkel (and, yes, he knows Van Halen and Billie Eielish both grin)

Musical. All I have to say.

1 Like

Change is hard. I’ve heard it said and experienced disliking things at first only to later become quite fond of them.

1 Like

Especially for a 20-year old kid who’s favorite is Simon & Garfunkel. Lol

One of my favorite songs as a kid was “Bridge over Troubled Waters”. My father who ONLY listens to classical music was “goofily” (Is that even a word?) humming that song one day years ago and I asked him what it was. He told me and come to find out, my oldest brother had the very album with that song on it.

Nothing wrong at all being young and liking the old classics like Simon & Garfunkel. :wink:

Hang in there bud, we’re all sending you good vibes and prayers.

1 Like

They’re great. He’s just not the “target audience”.

He was very proud to tell me he finally has all the studio albums on vinyl after I got him the “complete” recordings on CD as a steal on Discogs. That kid…

I have great and very solid memories of riding up the hill to our local ski area with two women, just a couple years older than I at 15, a couple, in their mid-70s Chevy Suburban with S&G cranked, windows down and heater on full blast! :slight_smile:

This was my introduction

@umiami91 How are you doing today man?

1 Like