I don't see my bridge listed as a possible input.

I thought I might try to hook up a laptop to try the bridge on my PWD2. When I go to the home screen, I do not see the bridge listed as one of my options. I tried twice doing a bridge recovery using a usb flash drive to no avail. Any suggestions?

I’ve been dealing with same issue for several months. PSA says it’s a “bug.” ??? If some of your inputs are labeled PerfectWave DAC0 (which makes no sense) see if one takes you to Bridge setup screen. IIf so you can use that input. You can play through bridge with whatever FW is installed but I don’t know about updating. You may be dealing with a different issue but in my case I’m apparently supposed to wait until they find the bug. There are people on here who know a lot more than I who may be able to help. No suggestions worked for me.

Boogie

There is no “bug” that I know of other than no gapless yet with the Bridge.

Issues are usually network related.

To help you [ no magic wand] I would need more info about your equipment, firmware and connections whether wired or wireless.

LorneCherry said: If some of your inputs are labeled PerfectWave DAC0 (which makes no sense) . . .

DAC0 and DAC1 are a computer's ± analog outputs of a digital to analog converter. It is typical computer labeling, but a bit non-intuitive.

Elk - I think in the present situation the DAC0 is simply attempt to display the PWD ’ s serial number inaspa too small.Other evidence seems to indicate that’s the case at least onmy machine.

Boogie

It could be, but DAC0 and DAC1 is a very normal convention.

Is there a step-by-step instruction somewhere for setting up the bridge?

If I go to DAC0 I find network addresses that are populated with X’s.

setamp - if you go to “Support” you’ll find a “Manuals” section. Click on Bridge pic and you’ll find a document with info on “setting up a Bridge.” I’m not sure what exactly you are trying to do. Are you attempting to set up a network?

Boogie

I am trying to see the bridge on my dac or computer. Gordon has given me some things to try tonight.

Thanks to Gordon, I found my bridge. Removed the bridge (physically) and cleaned the contacts. Reinstalled it, rebooted and did a bridge reset at startup. I can now find my ip address and connect to the network.

=D> Excellent news.

Now someone please tell Robert Plant of this discovery!

:smiley: he found the confounded bridge!

Great to hear that you are rolling setamp

Hmmm,

Makes me wonder if the Bridge should be removed and have the contacts cleaned once in a while for both. Connection issues and possibly a boost in SQ.

Steven B-)

@sgrowan

In fairness to Mr.Bridge, I think it was more about “resetting” PWD and the rediscovery of the Bridge after reinstalling.

However I would NOT suggest installing the Bridge while eating chicken wings, especially “Hon-N-Spicy”.

Thanks to Gordon, I found my bridge. Removed the bridge (physically) and cleaned the contacts. Reinstalled it, rebooted and did a bridge reset at startup. I can now find my ip address and connect to the network.

I think the reason for this might rather be that the DHCP server (your router) discovered a 'new' mac address on the network and then assigned an IP address to it.