PWD MK2 Bridge not showing

Hello,

I recently aquired a used PWD and could not be happeir. i think the bridge is model 1 but the bridge is nowhere to be found in the input list. I upgraded to latest firmware and tried removing the bridge, reboot, add bridge again and reboot without any success.

Also if i look at my router i can see no ip address got assigned to it throught dhcp.

At this point i was wondering if anyone could hook me up with the rescue files for PWD or ideas on what my next step should be.

Thanks everyone!

If it is a bridge I, you can access the web page on it, by putting its IP address into a web browser. Also it needs to have at least version 2.9.1 firmware for it to see the bridge.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I would love to do that but since no ip is assigned via dhcp and the Bridge is not listed in my input list where i should be able to do the network config, i have no ip to try and connect to.

I am thinking about trying http://updates.psaudio.com/rescue/Rescue.zip tonight as i am a bit out of ideas but im not sure if this is the rescue for bridge 1.

Thanks

Do you have at least firmware version 2.9.1 installed on your DAC? If it is lower you will not see it.

Dennis

What version of DAC firmware do you have?

Dennis

I have 2.9.7 roon installed.

Last night i tried running the bridge rescue and the bridge 2.15 firmware update through the usb stick without any success and also tried downgrading/reinstalling the firmware while the bridge was physically removed from the device.

At this point i am unsure what else i can try.

Thanks

Check the LED’s on the network connector, if they are off the bridge is not trying to talk to the network, and it probably need replacement. If they are on or flashing then Log into your router, and check connected devices. If the bridge is up and running it will show up there. Get the IP address from your router and type that into your browser and you should connect to the bridge.

Dennis

Strangely the LED are turned on, the orange one is always on while green one flashes a bit but i don’t see it when i look at connected devices in the router. I also looked at the router system logs to see if any DHCP request was made coming from a new mac address but there was nothing.

It sounds like it is up and running. I am not sure what else to try. You could try the first couple IP addresses in your DHCP range and see if you browser connects, then you could try to upgrade your bridge to the latest code. If that does not work we will probably need to check your bridge out.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I just had an idea that i will try tonight. I will connect the bridge using ethernet directly to my pc and run a packet sniffer on the network interface to see what exactly the bridge is trying to do and find out if it does send the dhcp request or if it already have a static ip configured.

Ill update this post with the results once i try it out.

Thanks!

Hello,

So i tried hooking up the bridge to my pc directly using a crossover cable to be able and inspect the packets coming out of the bridge but for some reason the bridge network interface lights turns off when connected to my pc directly.

Let me know what would the best way for me to get the bridge out to you guys so you can take a better look at it.

Thanks!

AxelFoley said Hello,

So i tried hooking up the bridge to my pc directly using a crossover cable to be able and inspect the packets coming out of the bridge but for some reason the bridge network interface lights turns off when connected to my pc directly.

Let me know what would the best way for me to get the bridge out to you guys so you can take a better look at it.

Thanks!

email support@psaudio.com and they will take care of you.

Dennis