I jumped into the x-spdif 2 stream

After reading lots of post regarding the x-spdif 2 I have the following on the way: Sbooster BOTW P&P ECO MKII Power Supply, WW|Star8|2.0|USB-2m, and WW|SilverSphere|HDMI-1m. I’ve decided against using a laptop for streaming. I was looking at Bluesound Vault 2i but it seems to be limited to 32 - 192 kHz. I would like suggestions for streamers that are well suited to the x-spdif 2 but not over the top in price.

At a similar price point I know a lot of people go for the UltraRendu. Although I’ve not heard one many people love them. Bear in mind it’s a streamer and so has no storage like the Vault 2i so you’ll still need somewhere to store your files.

I’m in the hunt. I ordered this combo for $553 Synology RT2600ac – 4x4 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router, MU-MIMO, VPN & 2 Bay NAS DiskStation DS218+ (Diskless) and I’ve got a deal on the UltraRendu going on.

That Synology router is the top rated router in Consumers Reports and I was glad to see it bundled with a Synology NAS on Amazon. I’m sure they will work well together. I stumbled on a Ultra Rendu with a Sbooster on US Audiomart for $850. It’s been a good day. I’m done. For now.

1 Like

Congrats!

Thanks. I did have to renew the order for the Sbooster from Upscale since I will also need one for the s-spdif2.