I'll be offline during AXPONA 2019, but you can see the prototype TSS and talk to me there

How do you plan on boxing those speakers come the time to ship them to customers? Individual wooden crates that flat-pack down for efficient storage? An issue I’ve had with big heavy speakers is that the packaging is substantial, and takes up a lot of storage space (in anticipation of subsequent use should they break down and need to be transported to the factory for repair). Also, how the speakers might be unpacked, if they will ship on casters to facilitate easy movement to proximity with their final position. And how you might get them off the casters. etc etc. All these things are a big deal and some careful thought and planning on how you will best go about it will be required.
p.s. the way you pack stuff now seems to be OK, but big speakers like this are a completely different delivery and unpacking experience for owners.

2 Likes

Are those custom built bass traps back there? If you guys made those, I’d love to know how.

Stylish setup!

Looks more like a 1D diffusor than a bass trap.

And we listen!

For digital source they must be streaming to the DS DAC. No sign of a PS disc spinner there at all.

I didn’t know the term. Thanks.

Really nice ambience in this room!

Awesome room setup, congrats! Wish I could be there to hear it and hang with the gang!

Out of curiosity, is the image on the left the foothills of Boulder, and are these people part of the PS Audio family?:

Here’s a not too great picture of the TSS …

it was nice to finally meet Ted!

5 Likes

Got my Block Diagrams ready…

6 Likes

How can you hear any music over the high pitched whine of the P20?

2 Likes

That is the foothills of Boulder but from a stock image and I have no idea who those people are.

1 Like

I’m imagining that it’s Robert Lamm and Terry Kath taking a break from a Caribou Ranch session. Yes, my head is still in the 70’s…

There’s actually a venue just outside of Nederland on the Ranch property called the Caribou Room. The studio burned down a long time ago, sadly. Fun place to see some music and watch the locals scoot a boot. Saw the Earls of Leicester - great show.

2 Likes

Watching Ted talk on video about the TSS is inspiring. Truly an innovative product. Maybe PS Audio can raffle one off. . . that’s likely the only way I could ever get one, but I think it will make more than a ripple in the audio world when released.

1 Like

Had the opportunity to be caught in a techno-sandwich between Ted and Galen (of Iconoclast) at the show. There was plenty of “how does this sound”, or “how does this work”, but the joy was in the off
topic musings of life in, and life dedicated to, audio. Great fun. Also has a chance to chat with. Dr. Pain
as he re-builds his KLH 9’s. A great guy and part of the glue that keeps me stuck on the PSA forum.

3 Likes

Yes,it was inspiring…and you don’t have to strain much to see Teds enthusiasm for his new baby…:grin:

What video are you referring to?

The one in the Axpona thread posted by Mr. Gomez.

2 Likes