Interested in Bikes?

Thank you :blush:

Thanks re: living space. It is the living room of our 1300 sq. ft. house, hence the shared listening space.

Iā€™ve got to mention the diffuser I recently added. Iā€™ve had 5 absorbers, 2 down to ~100Hz range and 3 down to ~500Hz that I use in differing configurations, and recently picked up the two EPS (expanded poly styrene) quadratics from Lativa via eBay. I painted them with latex grey.

Iā€™ve read people say EPS canā€™t be a diffuser, that it makes a better absorber, well whichever itā€™s doing I like it dead center between the speakers. It further tightens the image and separates instruments. All good for little bucks.

All of the treatments, along with speakers and stands, fit in the coat closet when itā€™s time to have people over.

@brett66 Sorry to read about your CLL diagnosis ā€¦ if you rally like you did from that 75-piece leg fracture then CLL doesnā€™t stand a chance!

1 Like

brett66 - When I looked at the pic I thought about the closet for the room acoustic treatments. I went the ASC approach (9.5ft tall, not closet ableā€¦ :slight_smile:) with isothermal bass traps and built in diffusers. The one area that needs work on my system is very low frequency. My SF Guareni Evolution are amazing bookshelf speakers and sound better than I ever thought possible. The bass is amazing; however, they roll off at 40Hz. Since the room is small I wanted to tailor (control) the very low frequencies, so I will be adding a pair of REL 25 subs down the road; using the BHK250 output to the REL high line input. This way I can reduce the low frequency bump in this small room and tailor the sound. If I waited a few years I would have went to the PSA Mid range speaker w/ bass DSP (attenuation). Anyway, love your living space. 75-peice leg fracture sounds bad, CLL tooā€¦ sorryā€¦ music is a great healerā€¦ stay positiveā€¦

Those REL 25 are going to just barely adequately going fill in the bottom end :wink:

brett66 - yeah, I was thinking the same thingā€¦ should I get a tower of them on each side of the stereo rackā€¦ :slight_smile: Also nice is the REL remote control sitting in my listening chair. I wish I could have held off for the PSA full range w/ DSP room acoustic (attenuation) tailoring. These SF Guareni Evolution speakers are amazing and they have great bass; however, I am looking to go deepā€¦ they are not what I would call bookshelf; however, they donā€™t go down to 15Hz as the REL 25s doā€¦ Audiophiles are always looking to upgradeā€¦ even 4 months after putting the system togetherā€¦ :slight_smile:

Thank you @RonP.
My injury pales compared to yours and Brett66. I cannot imagine what the recovery was like for you both.
I will listen carefully, and follow the instructions of the physiotherapist to get back in shape ASAP.

15 months before I could learn to walk again, 3 surgeries, first was 6 weeks after the injury to fix bones with plates and skewers up both leg bones, a year later to remove all the hardware and then about 10 years later to grind down the arthritic growth. Iā€™ve come to live with it over the past 25 years, but it reminds me every single day.

75 year old driver t-boned me at an intersection, she ran the red.

Anyone using tubulars?

Not since the 80s

Wow! Yours? Very nice.

Thanks. It brings me a great deal of joy. Iā€™m a BMW edge case (two cylinder inline with a belt drive vs the traditional boxer with a shaft drive) but it suits me well.

DAILY DRIVER (ALL-CITY Macho Man Disc)

All-City MMD by Chris Boone, on Flickr

LONG-DISTANCE CARBON (Wilier GTS Ultegra)

Wilier GTS Ultegra by Chris Boone, on Flickr

1 Like

Sweet ride, the All City, did you get a discount on the kick stand?
Chas

borrowed it from a skunk in the ditch

Pinarello For Sale
Dogma F8
Size 47 sloping (52.5 top tube c/c)
White with black and silver graphics (gorgeous!!)
All Dura Ace 9100 mechanical, 9000 brake calipers (lighter, better)
Enve carbon bar and stem
Zipp Firecrest clinchers, 303 front, 404 rear
Conti 4000, 25mm
Crank is 50/34, 170 mm
Has been to the Italian Alps but is still mint condition, which cannot be said for my 70 year old heart, sighā€¦
$3500.?

Sounds beautiful! Probably hard letting this puppy go!

Canā€™t look at it just sitting there.
I live in a very hilly area, atop the highest, longest hill near here; 14% segments not recommended with Afib. waaaa!!!

1 Like

Hi Ron,
I gave up climbing in 2015, I am in Afib 100% of the time and losing my cardio capacity. I am now 76. So, I put my baby on a trainer and ride it for 5 or 6 minutes when I get up in the morning. I canā€™t get my conditioning back; but I can circulate some blood.
Best Regards
Chas

1 Like

There is a motorcycle thread as well.