Japanese equipment 2 prong IEC with p20 is there any compatibility issues?

All my Luxman equipment has a Japanese 2 prong IEC inlet with no ground prong. Is there any compatibility issues with my P20? I’m just wondering if the difference in grounding methods used will result in any safety or sonic issues?

I have the same question.

No issue with grounding, in fact one less ground loop to worry about. I have seen some HT receivers with the same 2 wire IEC connector. I assume the product is listed by some safety agency in Japan.

What I would check is if the Japanese product is 100 volts, which is their nominal house voltage. Gear with power transformers would be stressed at 120volts in the USA. They make converter transformers, look on Amazon if you need one. Modern switch mode power supplies don’t care.

A see a lot of AVR"s with just 2 prong plugs, it probably is just because of ground loop problems with cable tv going into them.

I’ve been using Luxman cd/sacd players with my PSA P3 regenerator with no issues at all.

Any kit that is double insulated (which is actually quite a lot) won’t have a connected ground. However, make sure you connect up all the cables before you plug it in. I once had a JVC VCR that would give you quite a voltage belt when plugging in interconnects when power was connected first.