Jay's Audio NEW Dac Alert!

Thanks, scotte1. Indeed. We want it to remain civil and fun, but more than that, go for it! Whatever floats your boat.

3 Likes

Edzi, I rather doubt that’s a concern but I appreciate your watching out for us.

The chance that because something measures better, looks better, is cheaper, that it sounds better is likely slim. And even if true it’s probably something folks would like to know about. Our products are good enough to stand proudly on their own merits. We know how good, how musical, how amazing they sound. Even if something has better this or that doesn’t diminish what another product does when it does it at the level of our products.

3 Likes

Plus, some of the lower priced product getting great reviews come from China, Hong Kong, etc., and service down the road might be problematic. Both Denafrips and Holo have told me that if they think it’s a board, they will send you the board, and you put it in. Heck, I’m 70 and losing use of my hands for things like that. If it’s more than a board or very minor repair, you ship it to the factory overseas. In warranty (and later out of warranty) repairs will be less hassle with a major brand. With PSA, you have any problems getting things in a way you are happy with, you can discuss it with Numero Uno himself, and he will get on it for you. Try that with some of the imports. Consider ALL factors of ownership, PS Audio is a value standout.

2 Likes

Plus months of transportation time. My Oppomod 203 took 2 months to get here and had a bad board when it arrived. Two months later I had a replacement board here and it has worked great since then but I dont think I have played 10 discs thru it. Streaming from my NAS or Qobuz is just a much better experience for me.