Jay's Audio CDT2-MK2

This arrived today. Coronavirus be damned I opened it up, plugged in a Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI cable and power and my DSD is singing sweetly! Thanks to those who encouraged me to try this. They set the I2S settings at the factory and it took seconds to start listening. I have Yello - Toy playing right now and it seems like it outperforms my Roon setup. Maybe not but this silver disc sounds Deep!

Edit: I switched back to Roon after playing the first disc on this thing. Roon still sounds wonderful. But so does this!

Fun.

14 Likes

So happy!

14 Likes

Very cool. I just received an Audiolab 600CDT transport to mate with a PS Audio NuWave DAC in my bedroom headphone system. I can’t wait to set it up but that would likely be late tonight or early tomorrow. Honey do list is too long right now, and the Melon Supervisor is home to manage me. :wink:

3 Likes

Really nice set up Aangen. In your set up the Wilsons look good. They are way too big for my living room. But I heard them compared to the B&W 803 (I think) and liked the Wilsons sound better. Please keep us up to date when it burned in.

1 Like

Funny, my 803s are sitting behind me in the “theater” portion of the room. 805s for the surrounds. REL subs.
They sound nice too. On each side of the Wilsons sit a pair of Pauls Genesis 8200 speakers for when I’m in the mood.

Edit: The odd stuff around the back and sides of the system are things to protect wiring from my Rabbit. She runs about looking for cables to destroy. She really loves chewing on pricey cables.

4 Likes

How nuts, since my DMP has started behaving badly, I’ve been thinking of buying a Jay’s.
I know a couple people with them and they’re over the moon with the quality and sound.

But remember, it takes a couple weeks for the virus to show their ugly appendages.

1 Like

I did not say the B&W sounded bad, the Wilsons sounded better. For whatever it’s worth (sneek peek) listening in a showroom anyway.

1 Like

Oh I know, I agree fully.

I like that LED lamp you have next to your left turntable. It looks vaguely familiar. :grin:

1 Like

I have the Audiolab and NuWave set up. Listening for a half an hour confirms this is a step up from the Denon flagship universal player I was using before. It has just the right “body” and “heft” I was needing with my Oppo PM-1s–I just needed a smidge, and I have it. Now I have three great headphone systems. . . an embarrassment of riches.

1 Like

Did I learn about that lamp from you? It was someone here…

1 Like

Is that an ikea product? The lamp, not the speakers.

1 Like

I bought that lamp because of something someone said on this forum. Whoever it was I appreciate the tip. -Really enjoying the lamp.

2 Likes

Mike—shhhh—the speakers ARE actually Ikea. Shhhh–just between us. :innocent:

1 Like

Jay’s cdt2 is sweet. Enjoy!

4 Likes

I got mine on Amazon. I’ll find a link later…

They, um, don’t stock those at my IKEA. Maybe I should try the Columbus one.

Is this transport a DMP killer? Then it’s for me! (angry face)

Yes, it was me. I was just poking fun at you in this post. :wink:

I do love that lamp though. It works perfectly and puts off just the right amount of light for playing around with the turntable.

https://www.amazon.com/Torchstar-Dimmable-Flexible-Gooseneck-Sensitive/dp/B01M7O7VNE/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_rp_c_0_6/136-7978023-2922365?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01M7O7VNE&pd_rd_r=0918c394-d749-4ea7-a785-598bb46e5806&pd_rd_w=1mvIk&pd_rd_wg=k6qPu&pf_rd_p=779be473-677c-4bc8-b158-4c7b19dd7a44&pf_rd_r=G9RHP1711D5H1ZD0QKDA&psc=1&refRID=G9RHP1711D5H1ZD0QKDA

2 Likes

Regarding LED lamp for TT, etc. I just ordered this one from Amazon and will report back. Longer goose neck for different clamping options and “warm white” option for softer light. We’ll see.

Edit: so far this lamp has worked great. There are two intensities and warm or cool white settings. Serves the purpose very well.

1 Like