I am playing what is supposed to be a 96/24 WAV file but the Junior displays “16 Bits”.
Can someone try playing this file on their Junior or Senior and let me know what you see in the display? Just click on the link or cut and paste it into your browser, you should get a download window.
- I ran the two PS Audio bit perfect files through and got the bit perfect asterisk on both play paths I used
- Foobar player denotes 96 / 24 in the file information window
- I tried running from my Windows 10 PC out USB to both direct to the Junior and via my Mutec 1.2, with same results
- Used the DSD KS Mutec driver in Foobar using the PC-USB-Mutec-XLR-Junior path
- Used the DSD KS PS Audio driver in Foobar using the PC-USB-Junior path
- The Mutec driver has a little window that pops on my PC that denotes bit depth and it says 24bit
- Foobar settings in the output format denotes “24-bit” (when I use both drivers and path)
- Again, it passes the PS Audio bit-perfect test on both files
The Junior displays fine with other files… So give the file above a try and see what displays… thanx!
BTW, the file sounds great anyway! Elis & Tom is the Jobim Album… great stuff.
Bruce in Philly