KEF LS50 Wireless 2 and KC62 sub

Is anybody here running a set of KEF LS50 Wireless 2 speakers and matching KC62 mini sub?
I am thinking about putting a small “streaming only” system together and they sure seem like a home run for that purpose.
Thanks all

1 Like

I talked my daughter into buying that exact setup. She lives in Costa Rica and I haven’t visited since she bought that setup so I haven’t heard them. She has white with matching stands and will be buying the sub soon. She absolutely loves them. Fits her life perfectly and she knows what good sound is: she lived in my house.

1 Like

Thanks. I hadn’t heard the wireless version of them yet. I am just looking for something really simple for a system that wont get a lot of use but I want it to sound good too. I bought a Sprout 100 and a set of KEF LS50’s for my son last year and I only listened to them hooked up sitting on the kitchen table but I was really impressed.
So the thought here was to get the same sound sans amplifier. I also assumed their matching sub would integrate pretty easily.

1 Like

What are you waiting for? Oh yeah, COVID … I’d love to go there some day.

1 Like

Hi Vern, I’ve heard the LS-50 wireless at my local KEF dealer and I was extremely impressed! They sound great with or without the sub! I was looking for a reason to buy a set once I heard them! I saw Crutchfield had some open box deals on them.

1 Like

I have the Wireless v1 and the Wireless v2.

Both are stunning and changed my whole view on speakers.

I use them with Roon a lot but I think the v1 sounds best when connected via USB to Audirvana.

1 Like

Thanks all for your replies and input. I was pretty sure they would be a good simple fit and you have helped make the decision easy.
@paul172 I will see what Crutchfield has today.

I’ve been enjoying this Wireless II + KC62 system for the past three months; remarkable performance which improves with the source. Whereas on the past, a simple LAN cable provided the raw data which then relied on the KEF’s music streamer capabilities. As of yesterday, a dedicated music sever (Aurender N30) provides the PCM data via a TOSLINK connection. The latter has enabled the soundstage to expand beyond, behind, and above the confines of the front wall, and demonstrating the system’s ability to leverage the specialized (and superior) capabilities of external devices, and further, be able to paint an even more believable soundstage and instruments/performers within. The ability to behave like a chamelion instead of homogenizing, is a testament to the solid engineering of the multiple components in the chain, as well having the flexibility for an upgrade path.

3 Likes

John,
That sounds promising. I am going to “try” to keep this system simple (without anything else except my laptop or phone and Qobuz.)
I may also hook them up to the AVR front channel preouts and see how that works.
I disassembled and sold off the stereo from this house but we have been spending enough time here again that its time to add a small sound system :grin:
Thanks for the info!