two years with sprout and ls50s

just wanted to drop a short line on my past two years of experience with the sprout powering a pair of kef ls50s.

The sprout has been “on” literally for the past two years since I received it in November of 2015 (I leave it powered 24/7). It gets several hours of listening a couple times a week at night and I cannot believe how good its sounds. To compare in the main room is an audio research VSI60 (w/KT120’s) powering magnepan 1.7s with a small rel sub. Different sound characteristics for sure, nonetheless, when I listen to the sprout/kef combo, I’m blown away!

Being this impressed, I just ordered another sprout for the basement and will be pairing it with a pair of ohm Microwalsh talls…let’s see how that sounds…

pwrfulpete said

just wanted to drop a short line on my past two years of experience with the sprout powering a pair of kef ls50s.

The sprout has been “on” literally for the past two years since I received it in November of 2015 (I leave it powered 24/7). It gets several hours of listening a couple times a week at night and I cannot believe how good its sounds. To compare in the main room is an audio research VSI60 (w/KT120’s) powering magnepan 1.7s with a small rel sub. Different sound characteristics for sure, nonetheless, when I listen to the sprout/kef combo, I’m blown away!

Being this impressed, I just ordered another sprout for the basement and will be pairing it with a pair of ohm Microwalsh talls…let’s see how that sounds…

Thanks for the update. I’m contemplating a Sprout with LS50s for my office. It is really tempting now that KEF has cut the LS50 to 999/pr.

music-078_gifrespect-047_gif