Kit Install Issues

Ok folks I received my Kit at 10:00am … Here’s were it stands. First off I was missing some hardware… i only got 5 of the eleven pan heads listed on the instructions … no big deal one can reuse from the unit. I am missing the copper tape, again if you are careful peeling it back it should be reusable. There are three Hex stand offs from the old analog board that must be reused to locate the new analog board, this is not mentioned in the instructions. That’s the simple stuff.

The bigger issue right now, and I’m waiting a call back form Alex, is that the holes in the chassis are NOT lining up with the new analog board… they are just a hair off and really can’t be forced… My unit is a MKI but I don’t think that there is any difference… I think the only way to get it to fit is to very slightly drill out the holes… but I am super leery of doing that… Will report back when if we figure it out.

Ok I’ve figured out the problem. On my mkI the body of the RCA jacks are just the tiniest amount shallower than the body of the new RCA,s this does not allow the board to move far enough forward to allow all the holes to line up.

That’s annoying to say the least. Are the holes that are too small the holes for the RCA jacks themselves? Thanks for keeping us posted. I’m still waiting for the FedEx person.

No the holes are OK. it’s the depth of the body of the RCA jacks… on my MKI the body of the RCA sits almost flush with the end of the analog board. On the DS analog board the body of the RCA’s protrudes just a tiny bit more. This does not allow the analog board to slide as far forward and hence the screw holes don’t line up. I’ve attached pictures

photo-1-1-1.JPG

photo-2-1-3.JPG

Hopefully they find an answer for you quickly. My kit has yet to ship, but it too will be going into an older MKI case.

I have faith they’ll get this worked out somehow.

T

If you guys look at the pictures. look at the end of the board (green) and the body of the RCA (black) the top picture is the MKI analog board the bottom is the DS analog board the amount that the body of the RCA that extends past the board is the problem. The body of the RCA butts right to the back of the chassis, the tiny extra amount of protrusion of the DS’s RCA jacket does not let the board slide forward enough to allow the holes on the board to line up with the holes in the chassis… and I don’t mean the holes on the back where the jacks fit through but rather the line up inside that locate the board. The only fix besides just jamming the screws in ( Not a good idea) or leaving out screws, but that won’t work since three are actually used to fit stand offs that the digital board that sits above needs to attach to… The only simple fix is to drill out the holes to allow the holes to line up…The correct fix is to mount the RCA’s back from the edge so the holes will line up…

I’ installing the kit and have the same issue, but was able to get the crews aligned. I took the back screws out of the circuit pack and removed the nuts that go over the rca’s, the I took a screw that was removed orginaling and put that in the aluminum post. Now I put the post in aligning the wholes and using the screw in the post to tighten. The I placed the nuts back over the RCA’s and tightened. And lastly the back screws were placed. Still working on the kit

Sorry for the rambling, basic put the post in first then RCA’s then screws in the circuit pack

Is your unit a MKI or two?

That’s what I did… its the depth of the RCA body that hitting on the chassis… Of course one needs to remove the nuts off the rca’s I can even line up the rear most holes but not the fronts…are the RCA’s on your original board square or rounded? I think that the only way for me to get these holes to line up is to drill them out… Waiting on an answer from PSA…

The simplest fix for me will be to drill out the holes… I’m just waiting on the OK for PSA… but it seems to be the only fix I can think of.

My kit also appears to be missing some screws and the copper tape. Will shortly find out if the board fits as I also have an early Mk 1 that was upgraded.

I think the fix going forward is for PSA to mount the body of the RCA just back a little or even flush with the end of the analog board, that would eliminate the problem, and give the needed room to move things around so that if there is any little bit of differences between units it won’t matter.

As for me, I could probably force the screws in by bending the board a little, but I worry that I’ll put undue torque on the board and or strip the bosses… I think just a little drilling of the holes to open them up just that little bit would do the trick and be less likely to tweak the board.

I await the decision of PSA on how to proceed :-)

Spoke with Alex and Dave the head of engineering… Well I’m seriously bummed and pissed… The analog board will not fit because of the bodies of the RCA’s so now it has to go back to PSA so they can fix it… The holes cannot be drilled out because of grounding issues, that would have fixed it…The RCA’s can’t be moved… I’m not sure how outside of using another chassis it will fit… maybe the boards off who knows…

Spent the better part of today trying to make this work… this sucks…Off to the attic to find the box, pack it up, then to FedEx…Grrrrrrrrr…

erikm said Spoke with Alex and Bill or maybe it's Bob the head of engineering... Well I'm seriously bummed and pissed.. The analog board will not fit because of the bodies of the RCA's so now it has to go back to PSA so they can fix it.. The holes cannot be drilled out because of grounding issues, that would have fixed it..The RCA's can't be moved.. I'm not sure how outside of using another chassis it will fit.. maybe the boards off who knows..

Spent the better part of today trying to make this work… this sucks…Off to the attic to find the box, pack it up, then to FedEx…Grrrrrrrrr…

I just got an email from Mayoura that my kit is shipping. I also have a Mk1, so I emailed her with the above info. Hopefully psa will get this figured out before too many unusable kits are shipped.

I wonder if anyone else is having issues… maybe I’m just a dufus… no I’m not…

I have an early PWD chassis (one of the first batch shipped) and have a feeling this may be an issue for me as well when my kit arrives. Hope this is worked out soon.

I honestly don’t remember if I have a Mk.I or Mk.II chassis. Is there an easy way to tell?

Is this affecting MKI only or both MKI and MKII?

I just heard back from Mayoura. Someone with a Mk1 chassis was able to install the kit with some minor difficulty.

I don’t know whether some Mk1’s are more problematic than others (guess we’ll find out here), but I decided to risk it and asked her to ship. If it arrives this week I will try to install this weekend and of course let everyone know what happens.