Surplus of small parts found after installation kit done

I spent 2 weeks to finish the installation and upgrade firmware. very happy that I did it cause this is my first time in my life to do this kind of interesting process. I love it.

However, a funny thing I found after the installation done. I found 4 pieces surplus of small parts and I think for a few days, where should those parts go??

1 piece of spacing washer seems for the jack at the rear panel, maybe I missed one the jack. OK! one solved.

2 piece parts seem for the ground and 1 black long screw. these 3 parts I really don’t know and no idea where’s it from and where should I install to…

Does anyone of you give me any hints or idea. I love to hear any comment from you. blush_gif4_gifinlove_gif

2014-07-22_145047.jpg

Hi Ellen…I’m glad you got your update to work. I had to get someone to do it for meembarassedWith the leftovers: don’t worry about it. Not all PWDs were built the same so some needed extra stuff. I’m sure someone will explain better than me but, at this time, they are all still in bed!

I agree with rossop. Some of the early PWD chassis did not have a ground block to which one of the wires (with a clip) was supposed to be attached (see instruction 3.e.iii at the bottom of page 14, with picture on the next page, of the upgrade manual that is currently posted). I was one of those and PSA sent me a ground block and also a right-angle clip that looks like yours. Either would have worked in my case. If, like most people, your PWD had a ground distribution block as shown in the instructions, those parts were not needed. I’m not sure what the long screw was for but I wouldn’t worry about if for the reasons rossop explained.

ellen_ng said

Does anyone of you give me any hints or idea. I love to hear any comment from you.

I’m glad you got it to work. enjoy.

The lug is for the grounding issue that some of us had in earlier models, as mentioned before. The extra locking nut is to hold that new ground lug down in our case. The black washer was supposed to go under the gold nut on the RCA jack on the digital board (Step 2 of my manual of the digital board installation, but it’s an early version)

And I have no clue why the long pan head screw is there. My have slipped in by mistake.

–SSW