Loose knob

My input selector knob is loosened and I’m not sure if there is anything missing or not.

That knob is very flimsy now. You can refer to the attachments for more details.

Is there any way to fix it or is there any replacement part I can buy for that knob?

IMG_2811.JPG

download-2.png

Thanks,

Hai

I’m surprised no one answered this … I don’t own a Sprout, but from the pictures it looks as if there is a set screw in the knob (the slight protrusion on the left side of the cavity). If there is a set screw there will be access to it on the outside of the knob and you will need an allen wrench (six sided tool) to tighten it. I have no idea what size it would be, but you could take it to a hardware store to get the right size. On the other hand, that “protrusion” could be a spring loaded ball in which case it may have lost tension and the whole knob would need to be replaced. Hope that helps!

I suggest contacting the service department at PS Audio directly. They should be able to help.

pmotz said I'm surprised no one answered this ... I don't own a Sprout, but from the pictures it looks as if there is a set screw in the knob (the slight protrusion on the left side of the cavity). If there is a set screw there will be access to it on the outside of the knob and you will need an allen wrench (six sided tool) to tighten it. I have no idea what size it would be, but you could take it to a hardware store to get the right size. On the other hand, that "protrusion" could be a spring loaded ball in which case it may have lost tension and the whole knob would need to be replaced. Hope that helps!
That is what I'm afraid of (something is broken or missing). I will try to find a wrench first.

Thank you very much for your help.

I notice that the shaft has a flat area on one side. Usually knobs designed for such applications rely on the fit to function properly. If the knob cracks then it won’t work right. Is the knob plastic or metal? Can you see if it is intact? If so, it should just press down onto the shaft, fitting only one way. If it’s broken I would contact PSA for a replacement.

Sorry I missed that. There’s a small set screw on the knob that should hold it in place. The knob is metal. We would be happy to put it right for you if you wish, or give us a call and we’ll walk you through the process of doing it yourself. Sorry that happened!

Thanks everyone,

I’ve tried to use a wrench to tighten it,but have been unsuccessful.

Here is what it looks like

download.png

I am not sure what the problem is. You’re showing us the shaft of the input selector. The knob goes over that and the screw of the knob press against the flat you see. What is not working? The selector switch itself? The locking nut on the outside holds it in place. I assume you’ve tightened that? Perhaps it’s best to return this to us for repair.