Sprout's knob issue

Hello,

I bought the Sprout recently and sound wise they are spectacular. However,I notice the volume knob is not working as perfectly as it should. It won’t power on a single click and click and hold for bass boost is kinda buggy as well. When I needed to turn off the bass boost the unit turned off and when I tried to turn it on, it just wont turn on. Had to trial and error for a few times. Not a good thing to happen when I introduced the Sprout to my friends. I wish that on/off and bass boost have their own button instead hidden in the knobs.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Anyone else with similar issue?

Raizil

Welcome, @formatfizikal !

Sorry to hear about the Sprout’s button not working properly. It’s is a rather hard piece of kit to work on, so I’m not sure there’s a whole lot that can be done in the field. Shoot an email over to our service team and they will have some options for getting that guy fixed. service@psaudio.com

1 Like

Will this void warranty though?

Not if you’re working directly with our service team. In fact, I don’t know of a single time we’ve actually voided someone’s warranty. I’ve been here over 5 years and can’t think of a single situation where we voiced one’s warranty.

1 Like

Thank you James! I have a sub now, so the bass boost dont matter that much anymore.

1 Like

I just failed to change the bass-boost mode.

I recall there are situations where it is on automatically…I can’t remember.

My sprout is plugged into “vinyl” and “optical” and “sub-out”

Do any of these disable bass-boost function?

If you have a sub hooked up to the sub output, it will disable the bass boost.

1 Like

You definitely don’t need bass boost on with a sub on the Sprout. Been running my Sprout non-stop through the pandemic. Great little amp.

1 Like