Lots of buzz with Audioquest and PS Audio. My question is what interconnects and speaker cable are you using in your own system?

Sorry David, I missed the last part of your message. I purchased the AC9’s and 9 SE’s for the PS M700’s. Tho I’m also going to compare them to the AQ Monsoon that is connected to the AQ Niagara 1200 line conditioner.

Congratulations Paul …I’m itching to hear your report
You sir are on your way to more happy listening.

Somehow I’m not fully clear on the following…
The ac 9 is not MkII but the ac9se is MkII ?
Just that there are 2 ac9s a 3rd one is MkII

There is a significant tech difference between them.

Much happy listening friend…
You have a beautiful system…

The AC9 is MKII and The AC9SE Mark II. I need a pair for both amps to try out. One is .6M and the other 1.5M. There is $135 price difference between the pair of AC9 MK II and the AC9SE MKII. I have to hear if there is a difference between the two for $135 but I guess that isn’t much compared to the 1M Monsoon for $300. Thanks again.

Thanks Paul…the build ingredients and price point
of the Pangea gives them a lot of bang for the buck.

Now the hard part is to wait for them to arrive and
have your impressions…

Thanks again Paul for your follow up.

Thor’s monoblocks to BHK pre: WW SE 5.2 XLR’s.(1 mt)
LP12 to EAR 834P to BHK pre: WW SE 6 rca’s.(1 mt)
Directstream Dac to BHK pre: WW SE 6 XLR’s. (1 mt)
RS8(roon roc) to matrix and matrix to DS : WW Silver Starlight 5.2 USB & I2S.(0.7 mt)
Speakers to Monoblocks: Crystal Clear Audio Magnum Opus (1.5mt)

I sent Revelation Audio (Brad Vojtech) $599 for a HDMI cable. Correspondence back and forth was very misleading and vague from him. He did generate a USPS pre shipment label 3 weeks ago, but never delivered the product. Now, he does not reply to emails. I feel like he ripped me off by fraud. I suggest staying away from him.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Brad has his own “fan club” thread here:

Caveat Emptor.

1 Like

Hey welcome jimharris…

Currently using XLR Nordost Red Dawn interconnects and speaker cables.
For digital from Oppo 205 to PS Audio DS DH Labs Silver Sonic rca coax.

Really enjoying my system as it stands…

Best wishes in your journey

1 Like

I just called 386-864-2549 and left voice mail message politely inquiring about that cable. Thanks for your info.

1 Like

Welcome, jimharris!

Hope you used paypal. I’d start working that angle to try to get your money back.

1 Like

He has a history and it is well documented on this forum. Those that have purchased from him have been frustrated with his poor communication, over committing, and generally misleading tactics. Once they have received the product things settle down, and the buyer in general seems to be satisfied. You may choose to wait it out, or file a claim with what ever service you choose for payment.

BTW welcome to the Forum, most here are supportive and welcoming.

3 Likes

I have a RAL HDMi I have loved several years. But yes it is a long wait to receive it. He states disclaimers on his website. Expect 30 to 90 days. I am burning in an AQ Dragon HDMI but too early for return to A to B eval vs RAL. Expect to get an AQ cord quicker but pay more for shorter.

If you want great you have to pick your poison. Brad’s cords are great performance per dollar. Just a long wait for most. Only thing slower is GIK accoustic panels. But they respond to needling emails. But you still wait and wait.

1 Like

I don’t think GIK is slower than RAL. 1-2 months GIK 3-4 RAL plus multiple panels vs one cable.

1 Like

I had a three month wait with RAL and GIK. I was less impressed with GIK.

2 Likes

Less chance of damaged shipment. I got a RAlL 8 weeks. Never a GIK before 10 or 12 weeks. Phil got his RAL in Europe in a week or so. This hobby ain’t cheap or for the impatient. But waiting has dividends.

1 Like

Since May '20 I’ve made one cable change: I climbed the ladder of PS Audio xStream speaker cable from Statement to the PC-OCC Reference. A nice upgrade.

I guess it varies for both companies. I just ordered 4 panels on 10/22 with a estimate shipping date of 12/3. I’ll keep everyone posted.

They missed their estimated shipping date with me by six weeks. It took near begging for it to only be six weeks late. The goods looked rushed and were poorly packaged and subsequently damaged. They work well though.

My first order from GIK precovid wasn’t bad delivered on time. My second order was delayed I can’t remember how long. I ordered 4 panels on my current order 2 Alpha 6a 23.5x23.5”x6” and 2 Alpha 4a 42x11x4”. I’m hoping they arrive before Christmas. How is the Dragon HDMI sounding?

In my main rig all of my interconnects (RCA and XLR) are Transparent Ultra Gen5. My speaker cables are Transparent Gen5 Reference.

To my ears, they sound fantastic.

1 Like