M700 vs delta 250

newbie first question.
thinking about “ungrading” delta 250s to m700s.
i know speakers can influence the decision but i will interchange numerous different types, so in general.
is it a lateral move or an obvious upgrade?
one benefit i see is just physically moving them or if ever, having to ship them for service.
mahalo

While I have not heard those older PS Audio amps, the M1200, BHK 250, BHK 300 & BHK 600 all have the benefit of tubes in the input stage. It all depends on what the remainder of your system is comprised of, including preamp, music sources and speakers, and what you would be trying to accomplish with new amps.

It would be a major upgrade. Trust me.

adifferentpaul

~While I have not heard those older PS Audio amps, the M1200, BHK 250, BHK 300 & BHK 600 all have the benefit of tubes in the input stage. It all depends on what the remainder of your system is comprised of, including preamp, music sources and speakers, and what you would be trying to accomplish with new amps.~

you havent heard the “older ps audio amps” not asking about any of those amps you mentioned.
the m700 doesnt not have “the benefit of tubes in the input stage”
sooo…thanks

I know I am unable to answer you exact question directly. I did have the M700 in my system for a bit, and they are VERY good amps, and are on Stereophile’s recommended component’s list, but I cannot compare them to the delta 250 monoblocks as I never heard the delta 250 myself.
I am ultimately a tube audiophile, so I couldn’t resist the urge to upgrade from the M700 to the M1200 after the M1200’s became available. It did feel strange returning the M700 to do the upgrade, as they really did sound fantastic.
There are several threads in the forum where people describe, in detail, the sound of the M700. Just hit the magnifying lens at the top and type in M700.

wow👌
never thought of hitting the
"magnifying lens":+1:
been there done that with tubes.
thanks again

1 Like