McIntosh service/parts frustation, how is PS Audio service?

In my 40 years as an “audiophile” I have never had any kind of service performed by an equipment company any better than what PSAUDIO provides their customers. Not even close… HIGHLY RECOMMEND PSAUDIO!!!

1 Like

Wow, that’s one excellent recommendation. Thanks!

I have had great luck with McIntosh amps over nearly 2 decades. First one I bought was used and was about 20 years old at the time. Kept it for 10 years and sold it for what I paid for it. Bought a newer one the next time around and just sold it after 7 years for about 90% of what I paid. Just bought a tube amp last week at a great price slightly used. Never had any repairs the first two. Jury still out of course on the latest one.

I own 5 pieces of PS Audio gear, which 3 were purchased new and 2 used (both were previously owned by forum members here). I have been very fortunate with no repair issues on any of my PS Audio gear.

1 Like

Wow, what great experiences! Appreciate your telling me about them.

1 Like

I have 5 pieces of PSA gear - 4 from the Stellar line (P3, M700s and SGCD) as well as the new PST, plus I lived happily with their older P500 regenerator for several years. The only reason I’ve had to experience their repair department was to have the SGCD modified to allow its USB input to work with my Unix-based streamer, something I expected to have to pay for, but which the company treated as a warranty matter, to the extent of covering all shipping costs too. I got a bit impatient at the 4 weeks it was away, but given a week’s shipping in each direction, I certainly couldn’t complain. I hope my frequent “woe is me” posts during that time weren’t taken as such. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, very interesting. The MC462 is one big ass amp!

Keep looking for the pretty notes,

Matt