Repair turnaround from PS Audio

Does anyone have experience with repairs sent back to the mothership? How long was your component at PS Audio before it was returned to you?

Thanks in advance,
Vince

I’m currently having an issue and had to send my unit back twice over the past month or so. Both times, I received it back in about 1 week.

It depends on the specific failed component and the specific parts availablity.

1 Like

Good call out on the availability - my understanding is that their currently having issues with logistics - parts (transformers) getting stuck at the ports, etc. Good ole’ COVID wreaking havoc on the supply chain.

1 Like

I am considering the BHK 250. I realized I should ask this question before I went too deep into the PSA waters.

COVID, slowed USPS, and slowed Customs have wreaked havoc on a number of things for me, I am not surprised that this has effected PSA.

When you contact PS Audio for a repair, perhaps ask what they expect for turn-around time.

2 Likes

I had a BHK 300 input board fail. The turn around from drop off with local distributor was about 3 weeks of which most of the time was shipping and customs clearance. So not bad.

1 Like

@watchdog507 Thanks! That’s exactly the kind of feedback I am after.

Back before covid, it was usually a 72hr turnaround. Often faster. Now, I believe the team is roughly quoting 2 weeks between the time it leaves your door and gets dropped off at your door. Depending on parts, it can be a little longer or a little shorter. They tend to be an under promise, over deliver type of crew.

2 Likes

Thanks @jamesh I really appreciate how many of our threads you respond to, whether you are directly called out or not. That’s are really good sign for a customer like me who is new to PSA, digs the sound and is considering a deeper investment.

Take care,
Vince

4 Likes

James is a great resource.

3 Likes

Thanks Vince, really means a lot!

2 Likes
2 Likes