MControl HD

All of the DLNA things that currently work now,should work with the Roon update.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said Since Tidal is implemented in mConnect, there is a chance it will work on the BridgeII, and it will be in the Android version in the next couple of weeks. Gapless is always enabled on the bridge, and is does not use mConnects setting.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, can you tell me why Tidal through Mcontrol reads m4a and not flac. Is it just a labeling issue? In other words, am I getting same sound quality as I would through bubble w/ Anroid. I have an Android but prefer to us my iPhone & iPad.

thanks

Richard

Richard said
Dennis Kerrisk said Since Tidal is implemented in mConnect, there is a chance it will work on the BridgeII, and it will be in the Android version in the next couple of weeks. Gapless is always enabled on the bridge, and is does not use mConnects setting.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, can you tell me why Tidal through Mcontrol reads m4a and not flac. Is it just a labeling issue? In other words, am I getting same sound quality as I would through bubble w/ Anroid. I have an Android but prefer to us my iPhone & iPad.

thanks

Richard

I don’t have an answer. I’ll ask and let you know if I find out.

Dennis

Just discovered mControl (using JRiver/JRemote) this morning after reading another thread about using it to find the Bridge II firmware version. I loaded mControl while I had Bridge II firmware Version 1.2.3 installed. After loading mControl I discovered vTuner Internet Radio. Smacked myself in the head for not loading earlier. Seems like a great way to get my beloved New Orleans radio station WWOZ and others. Worked perfectly. Figured I would go ahead and upgrade the Bridge II to Version 2.7.11 while I was at it. Mistake! vTuner no longer works. Should have read this thread first.

Just my opinion but the vTuner feature in mControl is a fantastic option. I can’t even imagine why PS Audio wouldn’t support it. It worked under previous Bridge II firmware versions. Maybe by accident but worked. Even displayed the radio station logo on my DS. Does Roon support eat up all the Bridge II resources? At any rate, tossing my opinion into the ring as someone who is very unlikely to ever pay for Roon/Tidal.

Hi, I had been using the mconnect Control HD app on my iPad 2 to stream TIDAL HiFi to the Bridge II until I installed the latest version (v2.3.0, released March 28th) and now TIDAL is inaccessible. Anyone else experience this problem? Also, is anyone out there with the penultimate version of this app able to share it? Thanks.

Do the mconnect and mcontrol apps work with bridge I ? I’ve downloaded both and can’t find my PWD.

thxs

dcginc said

Do the mconnect and mcontrol apps work with bridge I ? I’ve downloaded both and can’t find my PWD.

thxs

I don’t think it does.

Dennis

Not sure but I think BubbleUpnp (Android) works well with Bridge I

wijber said

Not sure but I think BubbleUpnp (Android) works well with Bridge I

Yes that is probably the best option.

Dennis

Thxs, I’m on I phone iOS so another reason for me to consider Bridge II (not to mention soon to be released trifecta of tidal/roon/mqa bridge II firmware update) Not sure a Bridge II will work on the gen1, mk1 PWD. Thxs

another question, I successfully downloaded Mcintrol app, logged into Tidal and found the ‘Masters’ MQA albums. It appears from my Chord Mojo that the streams are as 'advertised at 44k files. Does the Mcontrol app do any of the MQA unfolding, first or second layer? I doubt it does, but thought I’d ask.

dcginc said

Thxs, I’m on I phone iOS so another reason for me to consider Bridge II (not to mention soon to be released trifecta of tidal/roon/mqa bridge II firmware update) Not sure a Bridge II will work on the gen1, mk1 PWD. Thxs

another question, I successfully downloaded Mcintrol app, logged into Tidal and found the ‘Masters’ MQA albums. It appears from my Chord Mojo that the streams are as 'advertised at 44k files. Does the Mcontrol app do any of the MQA unfolding, first or second layer? I doubt it does, but thought I’d ask.

Yes the BridgeII will work on gen1, mk1 PWD.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

I just placed my order for the Bridge II…

stoke factor now set to ‘high’… Roon/Tidal/MQA all in good time, with future firmware updates… can’t wait… My Squeezebox touch streamed Tidal faithfully over the past 2 1/2 years…

cheers,

dcg

Please add me to the list of people, or folk (sorry Chicago street stuff), that wish vTuner worked with BridgeII within mcontrol!! Not a huge deal since I can assign radio station URLs in JRiver but still nice to browse the choices easily!

amsco15 said

Please add me to the list of people, or folk (sorry Chicago street stuff), that wish vTuner worked with BridgeII within mcontrol!! Not a huge deal since I can assign radio station URLs in JRiver but still nice to browse the choices easily!

you have been added!

Dennis

I also think it would be useful to have vTuner available – it’s a convenient way to get radio stations.

Me too please! Thanks, Mike.

+1 for vTuner, thanks.