MControl HD

MControlHD now supports Tidal streaming to Bridge 2 and Deezer or VTuner along with all your local media

JimSatala77 said MControlHD now supports Tidal streaming to Bridge 2 and Deezer or VTuner along with all your local media
Is this different from mconnect HD ?

Yes its a different app, the tidal is only on the ios/ apple version not android but since bubble upnp is on android now everyone can stream tidal directly to the ds

I asked because an App Store search on my iPad didn’t find it.

App works ok, gapless with own local media and with Tidal.

Search appstore for mconnect control HD

edit; where in BubbleUpnp player Tidal music shows as flac 16/44.1 same music in Mconnect player shows as M4A 16/44.1. Has to be a little ‘Apple-bug’ in mconnect when streaming straight from the internet to the Directstream…

JimSatala77 said MControlHD now supports Tidal streaming to Bridge 2 and Deezer or VTuner
Anybody get the VTuner thing to work? I locate my local public radio station in VTuner, add it to favorites, but when I try to play it I get the message "Delay in streaming or unsupported format." It was be convenient to play radio stations through the Bridge as I do my other music.
magister said
JimSatala77 said MControlHD now supports Tidal streaming to Bridge 2 and Deezer or VTuner

Anybody get the VTuner thing to work? I locate my local public radio station in VTuner, add it to favorites, but when I try to play it I get the message “Delay in streaming or unsupported format.” It was be convenient to play radio stations through the Bridge as I do my other music.

It won’t work on the Bridge. As a company we have to decide which services we will support and which we will not. The company that makes the core module for the Bridge, MConnect, has options for services we don’t necessarily support. Remember, the Bridge uses this core engine as a starting point but then the real work begins -= the work to make it all happen in a manner that sounds good, incorporates the Digital Lens, etc.

Like Roon, which we do support, it took a long time and a lot of money to get it working and approved.

To date, we’re not convinced these other services have enough support to justify the additional expense and engineering time required to support them. Some companies are ok with just flipping a switch for new services, but we’re a little more carful than that.

It works Fine on my unit, It just takes a bit to get going and you can’t turn on the gapless in the settings on the mcontrol app or it misbehaves

Since Tidal is implemented in mConnect, there is a chance it will work on the BridgeII, and it will be in the Android version in the next couple of weeks. Gapless is always enabled on the bridge, and is does not use mConnects setting.

Dennis

In my setup gapless works fine with mconnect. Just select ‘hifi’ in (Tidal-) settings and bridge II as renderer. Works both for Tidal and local media.

Roon will soon work and Roon supports TIDAL. That’s as far as we’ve gotten.

Cool app. Got Tidal working. Of course it’s only temporary until we get Roon up and running. Things are getting exciting!

vTuner mconnect to Bridge II also works well in in the Netherlands.

Currently playing Arrow Classic Rock; display Directstream shows 16/44.1 bitrate, full station name AND logo :wink:

The way I understand things when we release the version with Roon support, Tidal and vTuner and Deezer will no longer function.

Dennis

Does that mean that after the update Bridge II is only functional with Roon? Is that really the only possibility to integrate Roon with Bridge II? Already have a Roon account for about one year and love it, almost can’t wait to use Roon with Bridge II. I love the freedom of choices so if that’s the case I maybe have to rethink about the update…

After the update DLNA access will still work as will Roon.

Dennis

Thank you for the answer Dennis, but I’m a little bit confused now…what did you mean by stating that Tidal, vTuner and Deezer will no longer function after the release with Roon support?

thanks, Rob

Currently they are not now supported. They might work, but they are not supported. When the Roon version comes out they still will not be supported.

Dennis

wijber said Does that mean that after the update Bridge II is only functional with Roon? Is that really the only possibility to integrate Roon with Bridge II? Already have a Roon account for about one year and love it, almost can't wait to use Roon with Bridge II. I love the freedom of choices so if that's the case I maybe have to rethink about the update....
I doubt that is what he is saying, but I'm not sure either. I'm now a full believer in Roon, and I'll use their Internet Radio feature to get most of what one can find via VTuner. I sound like a broken record, but I can't wait!!

Can’t wait either for Roon on the Bridge, but really don’t want to miss my HiRes Qobuz account which works very well in Bubble…