My Stellar GCD has just landed!

Try black electrical tape over the TV sensor. The TV seems to use some of the same codes as the GCD. There is another thread where this is discussed. Apparently not all TV manufactures pay attention to the code sharing that goes on in the industry.

1 Like

I searched those threads and it’s quite clear that these TV manufacturers are a bunch of jerks as they don’t abide by the proper NEC rules. Sooo… I accessed the service menu in hopes of finding something for the IR codes, which like most others, I didn’t.

I then went back into the normal menu and selected the CEC control. This way, the TV automatically turns on and off with the Roku, which I just tested. So this weekend, I’ll figure out a way of tastefully covering up the IR sensor on the TV with black electrical tape or some kind of bendable/fold-able black plastic and heavy duty double sided tape.

WTF? It isn’t simple PnP? What’s the set up all about? A YT video is in order before I buy one

It is plug and play, but there are a good number of settings you can use to customize the DAC to your preferences. These include setting the balance, phase, filter, display brightness, maximum volume (if you want to limit it), home theater setup, and more.

Thanks, but those are settings I would like to play with, which mean needing a monitor right?

No, there is a screen on the unit.

i suggest downloading the manual. It is under Resources in the top right.

Thanks

Oh, Resources is in the Header. I was looking on the actual product page

Understandable. Like many things, it is obvious once you know how it works. :slight_smile:

Well getting back on topic, I have to say the Stellar is coming along quite nicely. With over 300+ hours on it now along with possibly 15 hours or so on the Schiit Mani, things are sounding very musical indeed. Not to mention the Stellar is functioning perfectly as it should.

It would be interesting to know what the outcome is of the first Stellar that I had to send back.

1 Like