My turntable needs some love!

Since adding the Directstream to my system I have not felt the need to play any records. The sound is so analog like I have been spending all my time rediscovering my CD collection. Here is a picture of my TT looking lonely. :cry:

I think heā€™d need some serious anabolic steroids to compete wit the DS :wink:

1 Like

Does look kind of lonelyā€¦

I completely agree! Too bad I have so many records and so much invested in it ā€¦

It might just be a case of a new shiny thing you have to play with. Keep both and enjoy. Thatā€™s what I do. And who wants to go out and ā€˜re-purchaseā€™ all the music you have on vinyl?
Wait until there is a proven, hassle free, cheap, direct streaming service before getting rid of both your TT AND the DMP/DS-Dac

Itā€™s not really the new shiny thing, Iā€™ve had the DS for 3-1/2 years and the DMP for over a year. It really does sound that good and is so much easier to use. Havenā€™t touched my turntable in months :disappointed:

1 Like

The complexity of all the options and quest for the ā€œbestā€ path can be daunting. Iā€™d rather stick a pencil in my eye than wrestle with JRiver and all itā€™s configuration options. I am getting a Bridge II shipped this weekend and once configured then it will be the USB vs. Bridge II decision point. MQA source bridge II only, DSD file either unless itā€™s double rate etcā€¦ There is something to be said with putting on a record or CD and knowing that the music will just play. :grinning:

I might be lonely with this opinion among those who also love vinyl, but unless you have three times the money to spend on a vinyl rig/surrounding AND if you donā€™t listen to vinyl to have a different tonality, you wonā€™t have such quality from vinyl. Say byebye then and just play those records which are not available digitally :wink:

I wish PS Audio gear was as cheap in Australia as it is in the USA. The PS Audio DMP/DSsnr combo is AUD 15K. That buys a LOT of TT/Arm/Catridge and puts the sound quality easily in the same catagory as the CD/SACD world.
I agree that itā€™s MUCH easier to play and store silver discs plus there isnā€™t the hassle of cleaning disks and another bonus is the absence of noise.

Youā€™re. right, Iā€™m always just thinking of a DSsr with Bridge when I use this argument, so half of it. Iā€™m finished with physical digital discs.

I have a nice analog setup, however ever since I bought the DS, bet it doesnā€™t have much more than 30 hours on it. My DS has hundreds of hours on it. I play records for guests mostly, the DS for me. The combination of convenience and great sound is unbeatable.