This just in…
From the Octave Records Web Page: “As violin and piano duos, the fantasies retell the operas in an abbreviated version, covering all of the key characters, musical themes, moods, and dramatic events in a continuous narrative.”
Have just downloaded the latest Clay Rose at the Dharma Barn. Great sound but a little disappointed that there was no supporting PDF with the download. I like to have the background to the performer and especially lyrics available, something which Roon serves up well, when it’s included.
Really enjoy this one, and I just put in an order for the DSD256 version. I will listen it first thing in the morning.
Amazing record, amazing musician—junior Mozart but in jazz—fabulous recording . Do give this a listen.
Well recorded, excellent musicianship. Great job Paul & Co.
Mine arrived yesterday. Jude is an amazing talent and the recording is excellent (a touch on the warm side for me anyways). When I read the story Frank Doris wrote in Copper. I had to get the SACD without listening to the preview tracks !
Thanks, but this is all Callum Bear who is running Octave now. Hats off the Callum!
On my older system which included BHK Pre, Dac, and SACD, the SACDs and DSD 256 files (using Lumin U2) from Octave did sound a bit warm. But with the new PMG Streamer and SACD (plus a bunch improvements on other gears, cables, filters, and additional noise isolation tweaks on footers, modem, and router), the warmer sound is totally gone. They now sound crystal clear with incredible resolution.
These DSD recordings required a sophisticated computing power and clean path to reveal their best SQ. Unfortunately it is a very deep rabbit hole to dump $$$ into. Octave Records produces some of the best sounding DSD recordings in my system now.