New DAC/ Bridge set up

This is all very unusual because when you change from Native to any of the sample rates you’re engaging the sample rate converter - the opposite should really be true.

Gordon asks a good question, let’s get an answer for that. Otherwise we may have to have a look at it.

Transport is a older Wadia using optical cable also a Wadia ipod dock using coax. In both cases I can

Only listen in native and X mode.

Is there a master reset I can try to bring everything back to factory settings?

I could swear when I first tried the dac I was able to listen in all modes.

Thanks Mike

@shammy1

What PWD firmware are you running now? And when things worked before, was it with a different firmware?

Either way, I would suggest to load a different firmware just to try the inputs and then perhaps go back to the one you prefer.

How old is your dac? is it new or purchased second hand?

Dac is two weeks old.

Purchased new.

Back to dealer or POS.

If you want to try the firmware swap then let me know if you need help with that.

It is also possible that something came loose during transport, but I would do the firmware test before anything else.

your ip shows you are somewhere near Dorothy and Toto. If you send me your tel nbr and best time I can call and walk you through it.

hi,

my new pwd mk2 with bridge come in today :slight_smile: :-).

Running with Foobar via bridge - first impressions are very fine.

Bridge Version:0.2.14a

DAC Version Mark II:2.2.0

I will hear more and more music but must go sleeping :frowning: - working in 6 hours

Regards

Willi

Congrats! B-)

hi,

my new pwd mk2 with bridge come in today :-) :-).
Running with Foobar via bridge - first impressions are very fine.

Bridge Version:0.2.14a
DAC Version Mark II:2.2.0

I will hear more and more music but must go sleeping :-( - working in 6 hours

Regards

Willi

Welcome!!

:slight_smile:

Just like to say thanks to Gordon and everyone else who helped out. Talked to PSA and they want to check out the dac. When I get it back we can try to figure out the bridge option. Mike