New eLyric iPad app ready

Just got notification from Apple the new iPad app for eLyric is ready to upgrade. This fixes the problem we were having with IOS7.

Feedback appreciated.

Still works with iOS 5.1.1 on iPad 1, so that much is good.

J.P.

Whew. Thanks JP

Fing finds my pwd and I can see the bridge via Safari but the Elyric app is not finding the pwd. It appears greyed out but never becomes selectable. (The layout is a bit messy, too). A hard reboot didn’t help.

Try removing the existing PWD entry in the devices list and rescan.

J.P.

Mine works fine. Thanks for getting it updated Paul.

@dcastle

try rebooting pc and then also ipad.

Yes, let us know. It shouldn’t be related. All we changed was the layout.

Mission accomplished at my end.

It did take a couple of reboots [mac and ipad] as well as an over-install of EMM 32.03 which

was greyed out until the re-install.

FYI- it now takes a two finger swipe to close an app after the double tap on the home key.

I am beaming with pride that I figured that out. :-c

Now playing using EMM and controlling by EMM remote. Sounds exceptional!..oops, forget I said that. [-X

The new application ver. 2.1.0 quits whenever the music menu is pressed. Cannot access Twonky media server. It happens both on IOS7 and IOS5. The old version works fine with IOS5. So, it looks like it is not fixed entirely, and made it worse under IOS5 compared to the old version, at least with Twonky media servers.

Mission accomplished at my end.
It did take a couple of reboots [mac and ipad] as well as an over-install of EMM 32.03 which
was greyed out until the re-install.
FYI- it now takes a two finger swipe to close an app after the double tap on the home key.
I am beaming with pride that I figured that out. :-c
Now playing using EMM and controlling by EMM remote. Sounds exceptional!......oops, forget I said that. [-X

I know you are very found of reboot's, Gordon ;)
I find it a little confusing and inconsistent to do a lot of 'shot in the dark' actions without really having a clear path of which remedies to do in which sequence.
Having said this, it won't hurt to perform those and they work well for computers as we all know.
My EMM was not greyed out and it works when I select the Bridge as my Renderer and use the local EMM playback controls.

@frode

These installs all seem to start out blind so the olde Windows C+A+D usually works mysteriously.

Good thing we have good Alpha-Dogs in this Beta Pound!

@gordon When you double click and get all the open programs, simply slide whatever program you want to close up and it disappears off the screen.

@admin

Cool, thanks.

I did it but by accident used 2 fingers.

reminds me of the suggestion for proctologists to always use 2 since a second opinion is often valuable.

Playing nicely at the moment but I will say that it is not stable.

What I have experienced with it so far, as well as the comments here, brings back memories [or n’mares] of the EMM support fiasco of the past couple of years.

Re tune the network, IPs, reboots etc.

I understand fully what you are all going through…again.

I hope you kept all the notes from our tel-calls and emails. It is the same drill.

I have installed iOS7 and the new Elyric on my iPad; it worked for 1 day. Today it stopped while playing and the PWDac was greued out in the list of devices. I restarted the iPad a few times, hard reset, no result. Then I started EMM on my PC(W7), it found the PWDAC and played music. I installed DSAUDIO on the iPAD, it found the PWDAC and played music. Kinsky on a ASUS Pad also plays music. So I think there is something different with this new Elyric for the iPAD. With iOS 6 and the previous version I did not encounter this problem.

Maarten

It works.

Using it right now.

Has anyone else had problems with the iPhone Elyric after installing the latest iOS upgrade?

Mine is not working with iPhone 5s.

either. Mine is not working with iPhone5 (does not work also with my ipad2)

It a misery again… I have 30000 euros Hifi that is just block by a small piece of software

@admin

I’ve just spoken to Alex at PS Audio. I upgraded my elyric app on my iPhone 5 (still running IOS6.0.2) and it now won’t talk to my PW Dac MkII, despite upgrading the bridge (Firmware 2.1.0; Bridge 0.2.14). The elyric app on my iPhone only shows the music library on the iPhone, and doesn’t show the library on my NAS, nor the controls for the PW Dac. The display on the PW Dac says ‘network connected’. At least I have a CD player and don’t just rely on the NAS.

I should have waited to check out the forum before upgrading! Please send an email to all registered owners NOT to upgrade! Alex told me there’s no fix at the moment…

I’m stuck too. Running iOS 7.0.3 on my iPad2, eLyric 2.1.0 won’t connect to my PWD MkI. It remains greyed out and not available for selection. The App immediately crashes the moment I try to select my Twonky NAS. I use a WD MyBook Live running Twonky embedded. I had no problem of either kind using the previous version of eLyric before iOS 7 upgrade of my iPad.

The frustrating part is, I can use PlugPlayer 4.2.4 running on my iPad with iOS 7.0.3 without either of these problems. PP connects to both my PWD and Twonky NAS. What a pain. The PP interface is primitive compared to eLyric. But hey, at least it works. You guys having the EMM/iPad blues like me might consider PP. It’s better than $4k worth of high-end H/W you can’t control. Sigh.