New Forum - Tips and Tricks, Problems?

To get to the end of a page you can use the “elevator” control on the right side of the page - it shows the current post number / the total number of posts and the rough date of the posts and also a how long ago the last update was…

Bummer. Casualties of war. I’ll see what I can top.

Uh, the site lists my user name as “Oddeophile” even though I’ve been “Streets Still Works” for ages now. Methinks something got lost in translation.

Oops.

Pretty easy to fix your profile. Just click in the upper right corner and select the gear button.

Anyone know if there’s a way to tell who’s logged in and/or who is looking at a thread? I used that feature often with the previous software. Yes, I should be working and am not. Sometimes it’s good to be King (at least a King in a small pond).

Navigation anomaly: once you drill into a thread–like this one–you lose the top navigation that is present on the home page of the forum. I find this disorienting. To me, it would helpful if this top navigation was persistent. I am speaking about the desktop UX on Firefox.

Not sure I understand but try selecting the PS Audio Sine Wave in the top left corner. That leads you back home.

Thanks! Ok, how did you figure that out? I don’t think it is intuitive that the PS Audio logo will take you “home.”

What I mean is that the forum home page as a drop down that says “Categories” and to the right it says Latest, New, Unread, Top. This nav should be persistent. You lose this nav when you drill into a thread.

Nope, won’t let me change user name . . .

Currently, you can click on the PS Audio logo to go back to the forum home. You can also click on the breadcrumbs below the topic title to navigate back to the parent category:

Hope that’s helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. But the “Everything Else” breadcrumb is not how I navigated into the thread. I came from the home page. If I click on the Everything Else button, I do not have a bread crumb back to the forum home once I land on the Everything Else category page.

To me there should be a “forum home” bread crumb to the left of Everything Else. Not everybody is going to realize that the PS Audio logo is the forum “home.” On most websites, the clicking on the logo takes you to the home page of the website, not to the homepage of a subsite (e.g. forum home).

Agreed, and we are considering this (or something functionally similar).

What do you want to change it to?

Paul

I didn’t see this thread but the “New Look Forum?” thread first and just posted a comment and a couple of specific things there. Instead of dual posting…New Look Forum?

How do you mark all posts as read? I know Ted managed it but I’m not that smart, obviously.

Back to Streets Still Works, I suppose (even though it’s been in the closet since I got the BHK 250)

Thanks.

–SSW

Done. Sorry for the confusion.

I am not sure it’s possible. Not sure how Ted did this.

I am st50maint.
But the forum has me as annamariazimmel312.
How do I correct this?

Fixed!

Although I liked annamariazimmel312.