New high end PS DAC in the works

…that is a good question…

Cart-before-the-horse

3 Likes

Thanks for Straightening out Paul…

Well exciting news all around. Nice to hear we are still looking at another mountain top for the DS while the TSS is being developed.
Congrats Ted - I hope this is still fun for you. :slight_smile:

etc etc…but presumably for a product to wear the Ted Smith badge on it, the whole shooting match, case and all, will need to be approved by Ted?

I love this look Paul. The stack will be gorgeous.

I also agree. But they must get the touchscreen done right this time, at this point I’m not totally convinced on the need for it.

This reminds me a bit of my Maggie purchase awhile back. I bought 20.7s and then they came out with 30.7s. Sure the 30.7 will sound better - but I think it brought more value to 20.7 owners. This will do the same when the TSS is introduced. Two great products at two price points. The DS and TSS don’t compete with one another but stand alone on their own merits as two great products.

We definitely discuss the ramifications of different decisions and have tried on a few radically different ideas. I’d rather say that we are each doing what we do best and trusting the others to do what they do best. We jab each other with unlikely wishes, but so far I think were all happy with how things are going.

2 Likes

Not something I’m understanding…the source connections are made to the digital box…if the digital box sits next to the listening position you also need to run digital I/C from the sources back to the listening position? What end-user control functions is the digital box doing that it sits next to the listening position?

Assume there will be an expectation from customers that every aspect of the finished product hardware/software would need to be approved by TS to wear the TSS badge.

1 Like

Mostly my sources are my laptop, NAS or DMP, they are already at the listening position.

Yep, I’m sure that the TSS will be something that I’ll be proud of and be happy signing.

1 Like

Just on that, can you use a better pen than the one BHK used to sign his pre-amps? Perhaps get a graphics guy to process the signature as a screen print on the chassis…

Or, I’d be happy with the personal signature on a quality owners manual serial numbered to the chassis, without having a signature on the physical chassis. The owners manual also needs to be a production statement over and above what we’ve had in the past.

1 Like

That’s the way I was headed, my signature is almost completely illegible, so we’d need to do something…

1 Like

How to you intend to dress the TSS boxes…? Egyptian cotton pillowcase is so passe … Suggestion: Dress them in your signature ( signed of course ) Hawaiian shirts, that way owners can say they have touched the hem of his garment.
We would also get the full Ted experience listening resplendent in one of your Hawaiian shirts ……:grin:

4 Likes

Good thinking…I was for the passe option, but your suggestion is much better. I’d go as far to say as I insist on it!

I love it.

Egyptian cotton TSS Hawaiian T-shirt to protect the unit from the buttons on the shirt, or just available separately for those of us who can’t afford the TSS DAC.

Whole line of TSS wear, including TSS winter shoes (empty box) ; )

3 Likes

To be determined. We don’t have anything yet set. Some will be based on demand, the rest on capacity. We’ll have to get a lot closer to the end of the year and have a few built and under our belts before we can figure that out.

The TSS Hawaiin T-shirt should be on limited distribution to only those who own the TSS.