New music that doesn't s**k

That would be this one:

Watch the series on Netflix (Angry Boys), has me in fits of laughter. But very politically incorrect.

One method I use.

Things needed. Shazam (free) Spotify (paid. Free version might work don’t know) optional www.soundiiz.com (free version will work.) Tidal / Qobuz (paid)

Songs that I really like I’ll shazam them. In shazam there is selection “playlists for you” click on that. It will then have playlists titled “… & similar similar songs” … being the song you just shazamed. You can then save the playlist to spotify.

You then will have a playlist with 10-15 songs “similar to” the song you just shazamed.

I take it a set farther and then use www.soundiiz.com to convert it to a tidal playlist. I can then play full rez through Roon.

Tidal usually has 90%+ of the songs.
Qobuz usually has 70-80% of the songs.

Takes a bit of time and most of the songs are duds. I’ve found some new songs that have gone into heavy rotation from this method.

good luck!

Edit: changed what the shazam playlist is called.

3 Likes

.… A good name for you if you should start a band “Harbinger of Doom” Debut album title: “Maundered and Chuntered”

1 Like

what kind of stuff do you like? (From the past, I guess… just to give a direction for recommendations.)

Or maybe I missed it in the replies. :thinking:

Based on a suggestion earlier in this thread, I checked out @ronaldwanders Quboz playlists. I’m a Tidal subscriber, but I had fun going through his first two audiophile audition playlists. Was so impressed by his savant abilities that I signed up for a 30 day Quboz trial just to peruse his lists. I have converted the first two to Tidal, going song by song. Left out tracks that I already had elsewhere, or didn’t appear in Tidal, or I otherwise didn’t care for.

The result is one playlist of about 80, and another of 65 or so tracks. I’ve learned about many artists I never heard of before. Nice music.

I also did the same for @tedsmith ‘s DirectStream test playlist that he posted, the tracks he uses to adjust the DACs.

If anyone is interested, I can figure out how to share the Tidal playlists here, I assume it must be both easy and possible.

2 Likes

Good for you, finally we are listening…!

I missed that post from Ted. Care to share the link, should it be on an easy spot for you?

Its one of the first few posts in this thread:

@terzinator

Blues, folk, male & female vocals. Anything recorded well. Some funk or older style R&B, Muscle Shoals, Motown.

Not much for classical or discordant jazz.

What are you bishin’ about? I’m 62.

1 Like

I saw Buddy Guy a week ago Thursday (along with Charlie Musslewhite and Jimmie Vaughn) - great show and highly recommend seeing him if he comes near you

I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

I wanted to access some of the Qobuz playlists from RonaldWanders, so I signed up for a Qobuz trial. I linked my new Qobuz account in Roon.

Going through the list, I “hearted” several playlists in order. Almost immediately, I could see the first three of them in my Roon playlist list. Good, says I, let’s keep going. I “hearted” all the others, but… they do not show up in my Roon playlist list. I’ve got the first three, but nothing else that I’ve added.

If I go to Qobuz via the web app, I see all of those favorited playlists, so I know I gave them all some love, but I’m just not seeing them in Roon.

Is Qobuz saying to Roon, “You only get three during the trial”? Do I need to log out and back in?

Curious behavior.

Fixed the problem. On a whim, I rebooted the machine where Roon Core is, and I can now see the playlists.

Here’s a Tidal version of the list Ted posted. Not all the tracks are there, but many are…

1 Like

Here is my version of @ronaldwanders’ first audiophile Quboz playlist. As mentioned, I didn’t include tracks I already had, or were not in Tidal, or that I didn’t care for.

Its a wonderful collection of mostly easy going music. Lots of stuff I would likely never find otherwise. Having 50 million tracks to choose from is sort of like being an intergalactic real estate investor and shopping for a star :joy:. The choices are overwhelming. That’s why a curated list by someone like @ronaldwanders who has great tastes, has saved me literally a ton of lightyears in travel…

1 Like

Next time go into Settings, Services, Qobuz and select Sync.

1 Like

Helpful, thanks!

I’d hunt down these bands/artists…

Mandolin Orange
Sarah Jarosz
Rhiannon Giddens
The Wood Brothers
The Teskey Brothers
John Scofield
Ruthie Foster
The Civil Wars
The Head and the Heart
Mipso

1 Like

I’d add Applewood Road to that list. Recorded using a single mic in analog studio, Welcome to 1979.

Merci beaucoup.