New orders for Directstream DAC Sr. not shipping until May 2019?

James–hereon please don’t say “wires got crossed”, ya know?

1 Like

Sourcing electronics parts is a pain. Parts are redeveloped and discontinued without notice and indeed if you need more then ordered, especially on non standard or even custom components you are in the grace of your suppliers. They want to help but have more then one commitment to take care off. This is the downside of fast developing technology, life cycles become shorter and shorter, so suppliers only produce to order.

Hello!

As of today, May 13, 2019 I have received no order status or shipment status from PS Audio. I sent you an email with my TMR Invoice number, address, name and phone.

As previously stated, my DirectStream Sr. (black) DAC was drop shipped directly through PS Audio.

Yours,

Byrdman

I just scanned through my entire inbox and didn’t see anything from you. Maybe is got blocked. Whatever the case, it went out last Friday. 5/10. I’m going to PM the tracking number to you now.

DM sent with your tracking info :grin:

Edit: Haha just saw Jamesh took care of this. Guess it’s better to double up than not :stuck_out_tongue:

Most appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Not many companies making transports any longer. Luxman, which makes their own, and Esoteric (Teac), are the only 2 I know of. Who manufactures the transports you’ll be using in the DirectStream Memory Player?

As far as I read the posts regarding the issue of disk drives the more frustrated I get. So this is what I understand.

SONY seems to have forced TEAC to use their drives only for them self, for what ever reason TEAC felt “touchable” and indeed followed SONY’s wish.

That makes mewonder if the sudden and unexplained disappearance of Oppo has nothing to do with SONY either.

My youngest son would say that as CD and SACD medium owners we are seriously “bamboozled”. We bought all those disks paid whatever license fee there is on them and now we are being taken the opportunity to buy good quality players do reasonable prices.

I’d say: @Paul (PS Audio), Lindemann, REGA, T+A, Emotiva, AVM, Hegel, Linn, Luxman, Accuphase, Arcam, Bryston, … UNITE!

Go to IEEE and IEC to put in a Project Authorization Request (PAR) for a public standard for optical disk drives, develop a “open concept” drive that circumferences all patents that SONY still might have and come up with a unit that outperforms the SONY licensed devices, put money in a basket for a patent lawyer to widen any tiny hole SONY has left in their patent and unchain yourself and all CD and SACD owners from the anchor SONY seems to have put around all of our necks.

Off course there is streaming and that certainly has and will grow as big part of our music collection.

But, you may call me sentimental, unwrapping records, putting the needle on, unfolding CD boxes and putting the disk into the drawer or slot, enjoying the cover artworks is an excitement streaming can not offer.

Still Disks are the primary music medium for many. Vinyl revived, it’s time for optical discs now.

I am serious about that IEEE / IEC route. I participate in 2 IEEE / IEC joint working groups for industrial equipment with companies similar size of the companies I referred to above. It is amazing what can be achieved and how many companies would participate, as long as it is a common goal.

Once having a basic unit, the manufacturers can go about an differentiate them self with regards to mechanical improvements and signal processing.

Physical media are the only proper way to surprise music lovers with a nice gift. It’s a nice experience for the people who give and for the people who receive.

Money or streaming vouchers, nice, but receiving music on physical medium of which you know the giver has somehow bothered to take time and select something unique or fitting your taste is so personal and unbeatable.

1 Like

This is true of any form of gift but, sadly, most prefer the gift card.

That’s sad indeed, a sign of our hectic society. Whether this regards most, is something I don’t know. I am sure it contributes to the revival of vinyl.

We have yet to select a vendor.

High Performance Stereo has DAC Sr. in stock I believe. I saw Steve yesterday.

Steve is great…