New orders for Directstream DAC Sr. not shipping until May 2019?

Hi Elk, This Tuesday is when the dealer is expecting the dac in. Keeping the fingers crossed and the credit card ready!

Cheers Kevin

1 Like

For the love God, have the DirectStream Dacs started shipping yet?! Has PS Audio found another source for whatever parts they can’t get enough of???

Have you tried looking some place other than factory direct?

I don’t think they’re all that hard to get a hold of. Upscale has them…

I ordered from a dealer, but they dropped ship via PS Audio due to lack of stock. I’m stuck with PS Audio direct.

There were a couple used ones on Audiogon. I didn’t notice if they were from dealers or individuals.

I believe they have started shipping. It’s not the source that’s the problem it’s the long lead times for parts. Typical lead times are 16 weeks and if we do not plan appropriately for sales then we run out of parts. Imagine the difficulty of planning 16 weeks
in the past for how many units you plan to sell in the future. We usually do pretty well but sometimes we sell more than planning predicted. Once we do there’s nothing we can do as we wait the required time. FYI, on some parts for other products we make lead
times have extended to 30 and 40 weeks making predictions really difficult.

With all this trade war bullshit going on the lead times for parts are getting worse by the day.

3 Likes

Stuck? What could be better than getting a factory fresh unit? Most of what people get are directly from us and rarely do dealers stock anymore.

2 Likes

By “stuck” I think he means he does not have a way to get the unit faster and, thus, must wait until it ships from the factory.

My interpretation is he is eager to get his new toy and disappointed he must wait to receive it.

2 Likes

I guess for me to prevent this, why not order more than needed, if the lead time is 16 weeks and let say your predictions is 6 months worth of parts, why not just buy 12 months worth of parts? Don’t need to build all of them right away, build slightly ahead of demand. If you sell more than predictions, you have the buffer to put in more order for parts without going through dry spells.

I understand it is a balancing game between parts investments and storage space, but as long as you have plan to build DS for more than a year, parts investment cost shouldn’t be an issue. I see the only down side is storage space, and I’m sure you can find a balance to that problem.

My 2 cents, I know nothing, never run a business before and our group primary product is software, so no need to deal with parts.

Patience. It’s worth the wait.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response. I hope this is remedied soon.

Ahhh. Thanks, Elk. I needed an interpreter on that one.

Dear Wonderful PS Audio Community,

Please help me.

I understand these “trade wars” and difficultly obtaining parts has led to DirectStream DAC major delays. They even retired the Junior. But this DAC retails for nearly $7000 (I don’t consider the Bridge II optional at all). When you have dropped several thousand dollars on a product, one does not appreciate waiting months. Please help me calm down. I find my patience turning into searing anger. That is not good! That is not healthy.

PS Audio has NO malicious intent towards its customers. But this is really bothering me. Especially since there is ZERO indication on the PS Audio website. How many DAC’s are available, how many are expected to be available, where the customer is in line, NOTHING! N-O-T-H-I-NG! Not even a shipping status e-mail! Just the same old message that has been there since December 2018: “Due to high demand for this item, all new orders shipping in May 2019.”

I am just overly anxious to play with my shiny new toy! :blush:

Thank you in advance,

Byrdman

Yo, Birdman—no searing anger please. Have you tried one of their stocking dealers, like Upscale Audio?
I just checked and they show in stock in silver or black.
Or, how about The Music Room, in Boulder? They also show some in stock.

1 Like

Hey Byrdman, thanks for all of the patience here. I completely understand, when I buy a new toy, I want it NOW! RonP is right, it’s worth the wait. Anyway, which dealer did you order through? I want to check up on the order and see where we’re at with it.

I ordered through the Music Room in Boulder. They had no stock even though the website showed availability. They dropped shipped directly through PS Audio.

I am waiting on PS Audio, not the dealer. PS Audio has failed to update its customers. Shipments or emails indicating an order status should have gone out May 1, 2019. PS Audio has had nearly six months to prepare for this… Basic customer service in my humble opinion.

1 Like

I just spoke with the director of operations. The last 40 DS on open order are being finished and shipped next week. Depending on where you ordered it that should fulfill yours.

Following next week, we’ll be back to stocking them.

1 Like

Hey @Byrdman, Paul’s exactly right. As far as drop ship orders go, we’ve been caught up for some time. go ahead and shoot me an email jamesh@psaudio.com and we’ll figure this out.

@Byrdman Thanks for all of your patience through this and thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We have been communicating with TMR this morning and discovered where the wires got crossed. Our shipping team just notified me that it’s going out today!