New Phono cables

I have been using the Jelco cable that came with my tonearm, I really want to upgrade it. My analogue components are ss Zephyr MIMC ES star cart, Jelco tk850l arm, merrill-williams real 101.1 turntable, SUT and manley chinook phono stage. I’m using Bluejean interconnects.

Thanks
Mike

You are cutting yourself short with the Blue Jean cables for that set-up. They are fine, but from what you have for an analog rig you can do better. I have used Discovery Plus 4 Phono cables to good effect, and they may still be available from Joe DePhillips. He used to hang out on Audio Asylum, worth a shot IME. Another option is Iconoclast RCA interconnects, but they may be too stiff for your situation. I also use Nirvana SX-LTD, which may be rather hard to track down.

I am going to upgrade all my cables, just starting with the phono cable. Also looking at fidelium speaker cables.

I was researching the same thing here on the forum recently and I noticed Audio Sensibility phono cables came up several times with positive reviews.

Signature Silver Straight DIN to RCA Phono Cable, is something to consider. Are there others with this phono cable?

Consider Morrow audio they have good budget to high end cables

After reading about Audio Sensibility and talking with them I’ve decided to go this route and update all my analogue cables. Very impressive company.

1 Like

Good move, I have one of their Statement SE XLR cables and like it. It was replaced by an Iconoclast SPTPC RCA which I prefer, at a considerable cost difference. If you are ever interested in the Statement SE Silver PM me, as it is not being used and I may sell it.

I’ve decided to purchase the signature Silver cables.

Thanks

Mike

Get TypeApp for Android

I brought 1 signature Silver phono cable and 2 pair signature Silver Interconnects.

Just received my 3 Audio Sensibility Signature interconnects and listening now. They sound better already than my bluejean cables they replaced and the Jelco phono cable. I had them burned in at the manufacturer and some more time to settle they should get better and better.

1 Like

I have been using Audience SX photo cable (low impedance version) and it works really well in my system: It provides a lot of details, very musical and dynamic.

Steve produces really good cables at fair prices without smoke and mirrors.

Reviving this thread as I am doing a bit of research on best RCA to RCA cable from a VPI Prime to the Stellar Phono Pre. I’m running Iconoclast OFE XLR in the rest of my system.

Has anyone tried either the VPI Weisline produced by Nordost, or the Nordost Blue Heaven?

What other options in addition to the very good recommendations in this thread would be in your top 3? I’ve still got a bit of time, but would like to continue research. Thanks!

I run a Heimdall 2
Avenger to SPP, love it! but then again, all of my cables are Heimdall 2’s, so I must like em’ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like