Interconnects phono to BHK Preamp...what are you using?

Hi-Those of you who have a Stellar Phono and BHK preamp, I am curious what cables have provided the best results from Phono to Preamp. I am in the process of changing up cables and already have swapped out my wireworld Oasis 8 series from DAC to Preamp with Audio Sensibility Statement SE Silver. Barely burned in I can already sense they are more resolving. I am currently using Kimber Kable hero from Phono-Preamp, but looking to move it up a notch or two. Also, i’ll be looking into removing my Oasis 8 speaker cable from Focal’s to BHK250amp… thank you in advance for any experiences or input.

1 Like

I’m using Audioquest Colorado XLR and am quite pleased over the previous RCA cables but didn’t compare with others.

The Stellar Phono and BHK are an amazing combination.

1 Like

thank you, GTO.

I don’t have the Stellar Phono (yet!), but I’m using Cardas Clear XLR between my NuWave phono and my BHK pre. My entire system is Cardas Clear or Clear Beyond.

3 Likes

Iconoclast OFE XLR

1 Like

Also using Audioquest Colorado XLR’s between my NuWave Phono Pre and the BHKpre… Very happy! UPDATE: There is a pair of 1.0 meter open box on the Music Direct website at a steep discount right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, i saw that.

I bought my Audioquest Colorado as “open box” and couldn’t tell them from new. Would have been difficult to justify full price for me.

Nordost Heimdall 2 RCA
My dealer thinks they are a sweet spot in the line and I agree. They fit my system nicely

He sells AQ, Synergistic, Clarus, JPS among others. I told him I wanted to max out at $1200 for 1.5m rca’s he immediately recommended the Heimdalls

Best,
-JP

I am really enjoying the AS Statement SE Silver i picked up for my DAC/PRE - I am Thinking about testing them in-between the Phono and pre to test them out. They are reasonably priced and quite happy. -Additionally, there are some Cardas Golden reference and Cardas Clear reflection up for a good price-That may be an interesting option.

I use Kimber Kable Hero for all my component connections in my system. Very neutral huge soundstage noise free sound.

I use Placette Audio balanced cables from the Stellar phono to my Plinius Tautoro preamp.
Very transparent and reasonably priced.

Audioquest Earth from my Pass Labs XP-17. Great analog cable. Detailed and slightly on the warm side of neutral.

2 Likes

I wound up going with Audio sensibility across the board. I picked up another set for Phono-preamp as well as Statement SE Silver for Speaker cable-So far, very pleased and build quality is outstanding. the only cable that is not AS is Amp/Preamp= Morrow MA-7

15ft Iconoclast OFE XLR

Iconoclast GEN II OCC

My turntable to Stellar cable is an Ortofon RCA phone cable. I had been using Transparent Super XLR interconnects for everything going into and out of my BHK pre. For the Stellar, I switched to a Transparent Super RCA cable that I had laying around and like it better.

1 Like

Ps audio transcendent xlr across the board.

1 Like