New power amp

Thought I heard Paul mention the new smaller power amp was going for beta testing in Jan. I was wondering what the specs. pricing were (ballpark)

I think I read around $1500 and 300rms at 8ohms. I don’t know if that will go up with 4ohms.

I got the impression it is some kind of hybrid, D class with an analog gain cell.

I only replied because no else had, hopefully Paul will give us the true info.

Thanks for your info. I’m in the market for a new amp and was trying to decide whether to wait for the new PS Audio amp ?

I don’t recall hearing a price but would be surprised if that low.

From Paul’s Posts on Nov 16th:

"There’s no official info on Stellar until after the first of the year. You guys get first crack at it.

Two products initially. A stereo 300 Watt per channel amp and a Control DAC with an analog preamp. Both built here in Boulder, both around $1,500 each in a full 17″ chassis."

I knew I read it somewhere.

jeffstarr said I think I read around $1500 and 300rms at 8ohms. I don't know if that will go up with 4ohms.

I got the impression it is some kind of hybrid, D class with an analog gain cell.

I only replied because no else had, hopefully Paul will give us the true info.

You’re almost right, though the wattage is half that. About 150 per channel into 8Ω, 300 into 4Ω.

Paul Thanks for the update. I was interested if you have an e.t.a. for the amp. Reason I’m bothering you is I have a PPP, soon a direct stream Jr.,and a full set of PS power cables,and the stellar would make a complete PS kit. Problem is my amp is tethering on the brink ,so it needs to be replaced in the not too distance future.(BHK won’t fit in my rack ,also can’t afford,DS Jr. broke the bank ).

Thanks Barry

I don’t yet have a definitive ERTA for the new Stellar amp, but my guess is sometime in January or February 2017.