New PS Audio speakers?

Oh crap… I’ve been lusting after a pair of Wilson speakers forever… can’t stretch the budget to Alexx however, but who knows, maybe a pair of W/P’s or Sophia’s (which just sound SOOO right)

1 Like

The issue is Wilson has announced the upgrade model Alexx V. So every dealer holding on to a pair of the original Alexx wants to get rid of them quick. Or so it would seem.

1 Like

Dude, just get the Alexx V! Have you seen how gorgeous they are? Yowza! You need Alexx V! Only live once!

(Fly Yellow)

No doubts here. I am willing to pay list price and maybe even sales tax.
I want my Grand Funk Railroad records to sound their very best!!!

But which color to choose!!!

4 Likes

Easy - Fly Yellow, of course (matches color of Porsche 911 in garage, haha, at least that’ll be my reason in 20 years, ah, sigh, dream big anyway)

2 Likes

I wonder how many PM‘s you get from money-grubbing sales people, given your limitless open wallet :wink:

I am considering buying an Alexx, if the right color. Reality is a bummer, that is just a pipe dream; but, I do enjoy fantasizing.

1 Like

Thanks @jamesh for the tour yesterday! The new speakers look fantastic!
But I admit that I was surprised to see horn tweeters.

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed! That is why Paul hasn’t posted any pictures of the final design. We’re very excited to showcase the new horn design! :smile:

4 Likes

Funny that now nearly everything is different from the at the time as quite unavoidably superior presented plan :wink:

2 Likes

A horn a whaatt? :slight_smile: I thought ribbon was the only way to go for you guys. Sounds interesting,hmm…lol must be something to do with the date? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Get a red one and a black one. You don’t want to forget which is the right channel and which is the left. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

A ribbon sitting behind a horn? Hmmm!

1 Like

Brilliant! You could have setups in two rooms! Like it!

One of the listings is under $70K…

1 Like

Haha, those are pro speakers that Bob and I did for a new digital pipe organ system at this church. After evaluating some commercially available pro options, we decided to roll our own using some Eminence and Celestion products using our own crossover design (Bob even rolled a nice PCB for them).

10 cabinets of those along with a pair of 18" custom woofers I did that are being put in 8 cubic foot 16 Hz tuned vented boxes for the pedals. A pretty cool and fun project, if you ask me.

The funny thing is that I’m working on an elliptical waveguide design for another potential new product that doesn’t involve ribbons. It’s about using the right tool for the job and so we will have other products that aren’t ribbon/planar based.

6 Likes

What did you think of the incorporation of air driven low frequency drivers, al la pipe organ technology?

I think its a great feature, performance capability-wise, but I fear the air compressors will just make too much noise for most customer’s tastes. I, for one, just don’t have the space to keep the air pumps in one room and the speakers in another.

I guess this first pair of speakers is going to be a true niche product.

Cheers (121040).

1 Like

phew, so we will see ribbons !!

There’s nothing better for reproducing accurate and realistic organ notes than having organ-like pipes in the speakers themselves.

I agree.

Cheers.