Next DSD firmware update in 2020 or 2021?

They already did,take a look at their homepage. Now it´s 439$ from 369$.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/digital-interfaces/matrix-x-spdif-2-usb-interface-xmos-u208-32bit-768khz-coaxial-aesebu-i2s-hdmi-lvds-p-11975.html

hmm…on that link you provided they state that with our DSD dac those three dip switches need to be set off,off and on :slight_smile:

Huoh,back to testing again :laughing: I do remember that Ted suggested to leave all off anyway,right? So why they suggest otherwise

Edit: I´m streaming same 96/24 material I just listened after dip switch change and it sounds better than before. Need to listen more to make better opinion but seems to be better,hmm :slight_smile:

That is the MCLK DIP Switch you read about? In what literature?

That post lufubu linked before mine. Scroll down a bit there and when you see pictures of hdmi connectors,it´s just under it.

Okay Thanks,

Here is chart from Matrix Manual showing differences.

Hopefully @tedsmith can provide insight what DS would like best.

The DS and DS Jr don’t even hook the MCLK up. It’s needed for some I2S receiver chips but not the DS software. Switch 3 can be anything. Switch two needs to be off and Switch one is user preference (I like off but that’s just me.)

3 Likes

Perhaps having switch 3 on activates different noise levels elsewhere within the matrix which could explain what @Somppsa hears.

Anyone else care to try it? The switch that does nothing but still sounds different :grin:

I will give it a flip since audiophile’s like me are called flipping idiots on occasion.

2 Likes

I knew I could trust you on this. :grin:

Very interesting, I have developed quite an affinity for 192/24 steams. After a first few listens, I thought fast is good in and of itself. But, after listening to more genre: jazz, classic, rock there is an ease and pleasantness to listening at this rate for my ears. There must be more to explain my appreciation of 192/24 because by comparison 96/24 is fast too.

Can anyone offer an explanation, is it more than my simple naivety?

1 Like

I think most of us enjoy 192/24 best if it´s available from Qobuz. If that is what you mean?

1 Like

The MCLK switch i just flipped to on after playing several of my reference tracks of local choir Voices of Fort Worth. I do think there is a noise floor difference between the two settings. I hear more spatial cues and more separation of individual singers distinct voices singing during harmonies with MCLK flipped. My friend who is in the choir voice also sounds more in person.

It is crazy how activated circuitry that means no difference can still sound different.

I did note my Matrix was set DOP to Native on. Now to try it at Ted’s preference of off.

2 Likes

All switches off all the time…

Next we are going to have people trying various voltages at various switch settings…come on!

Audiophiles love to tweak.

I ain’t playing with the key cause im no matrix :scream:

All switches off is good. The MCLK on does add more spatial cues and separation . I am going to Run 1 and 2 off and 3 on for a bit since I am liking the better separation.

Wait, with the MCLK switch on and 7.666v fed to the Matrix, I can hear things I have never heard before. It’s a sonic miracle! What I thought was one voice is really three!! You guys all need to get 7.666v power supplies!!

:rofl:

1 Like

If you are uninterested in the tweak, do not participate.

But there is no reason to denigrate others’ enjoyment in exploring what may or may not improve their systems.

3 Likes