No audio from Stellar Gain Cell DAC analog inputs

Hi all, I’m stumped. I can’t get any audio from either analog input 1 or 3, tried both. I’m connecting via an analog interconnect from my laptop pc. I confirmed that the laptop is putting out audio by plugging a set of ear buds into the laptop and the audio sounds fine.

But when I plug in the interconnect that goes to the GCD, inputs 1 or 3, I get no audio. I do get audio from input 2(home theater bypass). Can’t figure it out. Any tips much appreciated.

Was it working before ? Stupid question…I know. On my SGCD/Preamp, I have my PC’s USB direct connected to In8, my Sony AVR is connected to In 1 (XLR), my Sony UBP-X1000ES is on In3, and it’s coax connected to In5. Never given me any trouble. I don’t use the Home Theater Bypass mode.

Call PS Audio Tech support. They are so good that a “know it all Dummy” like me needs their help from time to time. Especially when the connector comes loose off the back of my Speakers’ terminal plate and I was blaming the amp or preamp.

Oops, my bad. It was a case of user error, using the wrong buttons for volume control. It’s now working fine.

1 Like