No Longer Available Directstream DAC External Power Controller Boards

Well good news to report on the power supply. It just showed up on my doorstep this afternoon.

3 Likes

Tracking shows parts are not do here till Friday so it will be next week before I can ship the orders out.
I will keep you all informed.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you :grinning:

All Parts came in. Will start assembly this weekend.

3 Likes

All boards are done.

I just got a Farad supply with a Level 2, four wire connector. I assume Farad is using two wire sense lines out of the four, for load side sense regulation. I’ll have to figure out which is the + sense line and which is the -, to make a four to two interface to the power board connector.

The pinout of the GX16-4 is:
Pin 1 and 3 are +V
Pin 2 and 4 are GND

The GX16-2 is:
Pin 1 is +V
Pin 2 is GND

1 Like

ALL OUT.
Thanks!

1 Like

Woo hoo! Looking forward to getting mine. It’s en route!

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Just came across this thread.

Still have the board?

What are the specs for the external LPS required?

I am thinking of trading the DS MkI in for the upcoming MK II, so I’m not sure if I should do this in the interim?

Is it reversible so I can trade-in my MK I?

All your questions have already been answered above.
We do have 1 left and is easy to install and remove with no mods needed to the DAC.

I should have asked what is the minimum amps.

I have a spare Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2. It can do 5V, 7V, 9V, and 12 volt output. Maximum guaranteed output current—at all voltages—is 1.1A, probably more but that would be the min.

at least 1 amp

Have one of JK’s boards hooked up to a Farad 3.

Jump at the chance to get one of the boards whilst you can, its a great upgrade, not subtle at all.

2 Likes

Sold Out.

1 Like

You know it’s unfortunate that one member ruins it for everyone by trying to scam me by filing a charge back via PayPal stating they didn’t authorize this payment.

unfortunately because of this I am no longer shipping to anyone outside of the US.

Thanks

Will these units be available again ?
I am in the US.
Thanks !

No. Sorry