Not trying to stir the pot

On PS Audio’s main webpage, on the revolving products list, is listed the PC AS Power Plant, and under it says, “The single biggest improvement you can make in your music system. A Power Plant to feed everything.”

However, I’ve heard Paul say many times that the biggest improvement one should seek to make is in choosing the right speakers. Am I misreading this or misunderstanding the correlation between the importance of something like a Power Plant and the critical importance of starting with the speakers first?

I understand, as the product page says, that something like a Power Plant can serve as an important foundation for any system, but “the single biggest improvement?”

For any piece of equipment I would still stand by this statement. Though you bring up a good inconsistency. I do believe that if you had to single out any one element in the system as important I believe the speakers matter most because they are the most flawed. That said, without a solid power foundation like that from a Power Plant you’ll never get all you can hope for without one.

So the statement “The single biggest improvement you can make in your music system. A Power Plant to feed everything.” Still stands when it comes to making improvements to an existing system - because implicit in that statement is the assumption you already have great speakers.

Confusing, yes, I know. Sorry.

1 Like

No apology necessary, Paul, and thank you for the clarification. I figured it might be implicit as you related.