P10 and P5 discontinued?

A note for Paul and the team. I’ve just purchased an ex-demo which is great.
However the positioning of the UK sockets on the back of the unit is a bit of an issue. Many UK mains cables have a side cable entry on the plug opposite the earth pin (as opposed to a central in-line hose type of connector in the US and EU). This means that because of the vertical alignment of the sockets in the P5 (and I expect other models), the cables on cords exit directly downwards from the socket and can get squashed on the equipment rack.
It would be helpful if you could consider rotating UK sockets by say 30-45 degrees from vertical, so that there is more space for the cables to exit from the unit.
If this is a bit unclear I’m happy to send a drawing which might explain it a bit more clearly.

I have always upgraded my power cables and not used the stock cables supplied with equipment. This has meant that the mains plugs were ones more suited to the sockets on the back of the P10.

Can you go to our P20 page here: https://www.psaudio.com/directstream-p20-power-plant/ and at the bottom if you click on the picture of the UK version, can you see if the outlets are as you wish or still wrong. Thanks!

Paul … I’m a P10 owner in the UK.
The majority of my power cords use a Furutech F1363 plug where the power cord comes out the back of the plug and away from the back of the P10 and thus does not interfere with any other plugs or sockets within the P10.
Any plugs that I use where the cables comes down vertically the back of the P10 I put these in the lower row of the P10 outlets so that they don’t interfere with other sockets.
If using a P10 or P5 I recommend getting better power cords and this usually means using a Furutech mains plug, which has no issue with how the sockets on the back of the generator are positioned.

Not sure if this has already been discussed (I couldn’t find it here), but is there a release date for the new P5/P10s ?

The website says April, most likely late, but Paul said at some point recently that it will be May. They are supposed to be shown at AXPONA so a more definitive answer may come then.

We’ll have the new models win display at Axpona.

Hi Paul – recently purchased a DS senior – the longer it burns in the better it sounds – real nice. I’m considering the new P12. What kind of improvements would I expect with this piece? Does it also require a burn in period. Does it come with one of your better power cords – if not is whatever comes with it what it was designed to be used with and will not require future upgrade\cost?

thx

It will make a major sonic improvement to your entire system. More open, dynamic, and full of life. Big improvement. It does need burn in but should perform well out of the box. I recomme4nd our AC12 with this product if you can, though even the stock power cable it comes with ain’t bad.

ok thanks - what kind of power cord does it come with?

A 12 gauge shielded off the shelf piece.

ok thx

I guess we’re now starting to see traded in P5/10 appear for sale as refurbished units…

I just received an email from Music Direct. My curiosity had me take a look. They are using those old photo-shopped images again.

https://www.musicdirect.com/power/ps-audio-p10-power-plant-silver-demo