P12 unable to power on

hello everyone, there was a power outage in the building where I live, when I was out attending CanJam yesterday. when I got home, I was able to power up all of my equipment around the house, except for the P12, which powers my headfi rig.

I have tried unplugging the power cord from the P12, plugging the cord back in and flipping the power switch at the back - no joy.

I think I can hear the faint whirring of the fan inside but there is no lights that I can see inside the unit itself and the display is blank.

my dealer has asked me to remove the fuse and I did that. the fuse itself is white, not made of glass and it does not look damaged to me. honestly, I wouldn’t be able to tell either ways.

while I await a response from my dealer, I thought I’d come here asking for some advice.

thank you everyone :slight_smile:

I know what you mean about those white stock fuses, where you can’t tell by looking whether it’s blown or not. If you can get your hands on a properly sized fuse locally, that should be a quick and easy check and might very well fix your problem.

2 Likes

what kind of fuse does the P12 use?

The 5x20mm slow (T) 5A is the fuse for the 120v P12.

While waiting for a fuse (I’d get a spare) from PSA, you should be able to go to either a hardware or electronic supply store to get a glass fuse with those specs, it will work just fine.

1 Like

If you’re in a 220-230 volt country its a 3 amp slow blow

2 Likes

thank you very much everyone for your help. i changed the fuse and everything is working now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Great news!

Awesome! Good to hear it’s working now