P15 Power generator shut down and hidden calibration menu

Good morning to everyone,

I would like to share with you some issues which I faced on my P15 quite recently.

I have a solid state amplifier A5 model from Musical Fidelity, a terrific machine running 250 wpc which I plugged into one of the main high current outlets of my P15.

A couple of times in the last couple of days as soon as I switched A5 on suddenly the P15 ran into safety mode switching off the Unit; I was forced to switch it back from the main button on the real panel of P15 to start it all over again.

I have learned from a friend of mine that was owning the same Power generator that there is a “hidden menu” which was totally unknown to me and never mentioned on the instruction’s manual allowing users to change some voltage parameters - see my attachments.

The issue was most probably the peak current of my A5 amplifier leading to a safety mode operation - shut down - of my P15.

I suspect it was about the peak current because the P15 ran into safety mode - shut down - right after I switched my A5 amplifier on, and that happened already a few times..

Are you guys aware of that hidden menu? If so have you ever faced the same peak current issues and what has been done to fix it?

I appreciate your comments and possible solutions.

Rgds

Orazio, a big fan of PS Audio and Paul!

It’s not a hidden menu, it’s on page 8 of the P15 manual. It’s also a status page not a configuration page. Elsewhere you can specify the desired (aimed for) output voltage etc.

I presume you have the amp plugged into the high current outputs (D/E), these are designed to not trip due to current inrush (Edit - sorry, reread your post and you are using the high current outputs). Is the amp set to switch on before you start the P15 outlet? - I imagine that would prevent it shutting down.

Hello,

The calibration menu indeed is not visible at all, it is part of what I call a hidden Menu… See my attachments.. To get in it it should be pushed the upper corner on the right where no button is available, just the upper corner of the screen.
Anyway I do expect that once my solid state amplifier is duly plugged into a high current outlet no shutdown of P15 is expected, right?
This is not the case, it already occurred a few times in recent days to me.
So a friend of mine who had access to the Calibration menu - not what mentioned on pag. 8 of instruction’s manual… advised me to change the input voltage value, in order to avoid that peak current sucking power and bringing P15 into a safety mode.
I appreciate further comments on that.

Cheers
Orazio